Good news for the Brazilian Starfish

I sent you some funds :D
good luck with your grow!
Josh

Thank you man!!!!

Use Jobe's Tomato plant spikes. 4 per plant.... they love it, and no more mixing ferts and risking overfertilizing.

Slow release = no control

nastafarian said:
Y'all are pretty generous, sending this kid money to buy soil... Somebody needs to cut a lawn or two and earn some money the right way...

Agreed! A one time gift isn't a support system. It's a gift. You want more, you gotta hustle. Or as we say here.... do work, son!

So what did he buy?

I'm buying soil this weekend.
Y'all are pretty generous, sending this kid money to buy soil...but how is he ever going to afford fertilizer?? Or a dehydrator?? OR TEH NEXT iPHONE!?!? lol

Somebody needs to cut a lawn or two and earn some money the right way...

It's a gift man? I'm 16 and work a part time job at chipotle, pay for my personal bills, car insurance, etc. so excuse me if I don't have the money laying around for some soil. Chill man

obeychase said:
I'm buying soil this weekend.

It's a gift man? I'm 16 and work a part time job at chipotle, pay for my personal bills, car insurance, etc. so excuse me if I don't have the money laying around for some soil. Chill man

+1 - Happy birthday!

And just as a side note, he didn't ask for a dime. I think it kinda started as a joke, but then we.... the grown adults here with some extra funds..... decided to follow through and hook a brother up. Why? Because pepper people rock.

+1 - Happy birthday!

And just as a side note, he didn't ask for a dime. I think it kinda started as a joke, but then we.... the grown adults here with some extra funds..... decided to follow through and hook a brother up. Why? Because pepper people rock.

EXACTLY. I didn't ask for a penny. Someone offered and I wasn't about to complain. Forever grateful to the folks on this forum.

But @nastafarian, why don't we learn to mind our business? ;)

obeychase said:

I'm am truly impressed at the generosity of the people on this forum. I think it's great! I'm not dogging anyone for it.

Still, in my opinon, sending someone (who admittedly has a job) $1 on paypal for a bag of soil is comically absurd.

Good luck with the grow.

obeychase said:
It's a gift man? I'm 16 and work a part time job at Chipotle, pay for my personal bills, car insurance, etc. so excuse me if I don't have the money laying around for some soil. Chill man

So, you basically owe everyone here a burrito!  :dance:

I grew Brazilian Starfish plants last year. They grow fast and stretch high quickly.. Their prolific in pods and ripen quickly. They have a fresh green flavour like a mild apple and when fresh and taste more like a sweet fruitiness when dried. They need lots of support as there lanky and the branches sag a lot. I recommend you top them early on they will grow many more branches if you do otherwise there narrow and more stalk then branch..

Drying the pods is easy too, just put fresh pods in a plastic tray and let them go on the bench, they dry down to tiny little pods as they don't have much flesh, easy to cut open and flick the seeds out.

I'm about to make some Brazilian Starfish powder today from about 150 pods.  

My plant is getting awfully big! Getting fed with fish 5-1-1 and jobes tomato spikes (we'll see how that goes). Living happily in a mix of miracle grow cactus soil and organic vegetable soil.

Pruning = Nodes Galore!

She's even starting to bud!

Is not the middle the best place to put your plant on pot? Or is this just a myth?

Your plant is looking great, obeychase!

Thank you!

Phil said:

Use Jobe's Tomato plant spikes. 4 per plant.... they love it, and no more mixing ferts and risking overfertilizing.

I was curious about using these. Didn't see much on them here but use them for house plants and they seem to work good.

Back