• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds good return w/100% germination thanks guys

just got time to transplant. i know its a small start but for me its gonna be good. thanks to my friends here like potowie, fineexampl, and PrairieChilihead for the seeds. got 100% germination
036.jpg

hey get out of my chiles dog
035.jpg

you too
037.jpg

I have been keeping them inside in my office becuase the weather keeps changing out here. and my wife was mad because the office smell like the woods at the end of the day. due to the fact i have south facing window and leave the blinds open all day for light it gets kinda steamy.lol
i just told her if she doesnt like it stay outta the office and received the finger.
055.jpg

Dont worry you are not alone in receiving the finger. If my wife didnt show me at least once a day that I am number 1 I would have some real security issues.

I have always had a great success rate with the seeds I get from everyone here as well.

Ya know, what temp/method did you use for germing those seeds? Im germing over an oil heater thats in a greenhouse outside and the 7 pot's not peeking out of the soil yet while the rest of the varieties are...:?: My temps range from 85-105F depending on the time of day. Stop by my greenhouse journal and see for yourself.:) Im at 18days waiting on these girls

Very nice man. I just set my seeds the other night. You will have a much better start than us East coasters. good luck!

Looking good Naganero. I fogot you had the "vulture" seeds, they have recently been re-named "Kapowie" How did they grow for you last season?

POTAWIE said:
Looking good Naganero. I fogot you had the "vulture" seeds, they have recently been re-named "Kapowie" How did they grow for you last season?

Who sells those Kapowie seeds? I saw your pics and they look pretty cool.

The Kapowies are very expensive seeds and hard to find:)
Actually they are an accidental hybrid that I have been de-hybridizing for several years.

Pepper-Guru said:
Ya know, what temp/method did you use for germing those seeds?

if you look at the third shelf down on the left you will see the cheap seed starter tabs and greenhouse on a heat pad. i will usually soak the seeds for a few mins. the put just under soil add some extra water to the tray and let it water itself just check to make sure it doesnt dry out every couple of days. ziplocks over your plastic cups work good too.

POTAWIE said:
Looking good Naganero. I forgot you had the "vulture" seeds, they have recently been re-named "Kapowie" How did they grow for you last season?

Kapowie's huh? i like that. they did great, this years are the last of your original seeds. i am apparently not good at saving my own seeds. mine didn't grow any tips. Anyone?

Hi Naganero,

Thanks for the nice words. It's fun getting to see pictures of the seeds germinating. Please keep us updated. I'm really interested in how things go for you.

Thanks again.

Back