• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Good strain for beginner growers

I agree with POTAWIE....most are pretty easy to grow, and most require the same amount of care. The hardest part is when they are seedlings. You can honetly care TOO much for them. If you can get the watering thing down, and dont fertilize too early, you should be good to go on just about ANY plant. Hell, try whatever plants ya want....if they dont grow, no skin off your back, ya know?

Cayenne and Thai Bird's eye for sure - they germinated for me quickly this year and last year they got 1 application of seaweed - no other fertiliser and still produced the whole year. I hardly even watered them except if they started to wilt a little in the middle of the draught here in Australia.

Orange Habaneros were relatively easy too but not as easy as the other 2.

Thai Fire's will give you a nice low to medium heat IMO. As for massive yield and great heat I would say Caribbean Red Habaneros, and no my getting over 1100 pods off 18 plants and still going gives me no bias. lol

My most productive plants ever were nagas but they were no more difficult to grow than any of the others. This year's unreal harvests came from my Sahuaro hybrid plants. Not hot but delicious.
I'd also recommend the superchilli hybrid which is another crazy producer

also a nice pepper variety given to me by novacastrian is goatsweed. it's got black bird's eye like pods and ripens to red. the stems are dark and fuzzy. low maintenance and very productive plant. =D

here's a pic off the net:

Goats%20Weed.jpg

fatalii.net

P1060358.JPG

parahonta's blog

according to scott (nova), it's the hottest frutescens variety out there.

apologies to anyone who got offended

Back