• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Good sweet peppers ?

^ lol. no tho. :rofl:

IMO one of the best most versatile peppers is the fresno pepper. WHen they are red they are about as hot as a jalapneo, but a bit hotter, and they are sweet liek bell peppers. To me they taste almost identical to bell peppers but have heat that kicks in in a bit. Very deliciou.s I am growing some sprouts now for the winter so i can dice them for nachos and tacos and such. They are very good. I havent had a single hot pepper besdies that that is even mildly "sweet" or "fruity" in any way shape or form.

Okay, some of these guys don't know what sweet peppers are. :D Here are some that I think are good.
Red Marconi, Jimmy Nardello, Franks, Carmen F1, Gypsy hybrid (not as sweet, but extremely productive),
Alma Paprika. There's lot's more sweet ones out there that are good.

I got some seeds for the "Yummy Orange" variety, as well as Biquinho Iracema and Zavory if you are interested in growing them in the future. Zavory is almost no heat, and I'd put it even milder than Anaheim or Poblano. Biquinho Iracema is even milder than the Zavory, and both are C.Chinense, so the flavors are in the same neighborhood as the Habanero, though very fruity, sweet, tart, and some of the best-tasting peppers I've ever had.

a few sweet to med heat:

Cascabel,Sweet Cherry,Chile Negro,cascabella,cubanelle,nu mex sweet,chilhaucle amarillo,chilhacle negro,chilhaucle roho,pimento,mini sweets,padron,italian roaster,sheepnose pimento,amish apple,chervena chuska,golden nugget,gypsy,alaku zold,pimemt'd espellette,petit marseillais,key largo,frigatello,hot apple,floral gem,peperone,beaver dam,spanish spice,spanish red,largo,portokolova fifironka,buran sweet,pimento tangerine,gorogled bel liut,acolarimentolazaretti,pimento picon,st.helena,sweet yellow cherry,alma paprika,fushimi,pritain paprika,pusztagold,kogi,trotolino amerosa,feferona ,kalacsai ,romanian,macska sarga,szegedi,robaustini pepperoncini,chimayo,caloro,mulato islano,oroska,orozco,golden greek pepperoncini,abbraccio,algeria riojana,corbaci,marconi(any color),cheese(any color)antonia p.rhomedia,onza amerillo(any color),cornetti rosin,quadrato d'asti giallosweet pickle....

Tradwinds,Peppermania,Tomato growers,Rainbow Chile seeds and Terra Time and tide sell most of these.

1.Kaleidoscope(spelling?) very sweet and mild flavor when ripe, 2. Rocotillo (very strong fruity flavor, a little little bit of heat), 3. Trinidad Perfume (tastes like a scotch bonnet without heat), 4. Aji dulce #2 (sweet when ripe, with a little heat) gives me the panic feeling like I just bit into a 7-pot/pod, but the extreme heat never comes, phew...flavor remains.

Back