• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Got a few questions about growing 7 pot chilis

What's up everyone,

For the past few months I've been growing a few jolokia-variety peppers, the only one I've gotten to produce peppers so far is my 7 pot though. Basically I wanted to know what kind of color/size I should expect from these peppers and when I should be harvesting them. This plant is really blowing up too, whereas the others are struggling to even produce flower-blooms, my 7 Pot has around 12-15 peppers growing on it. Anyways, my main question is about when I should be harvesting them, and what they'll look like when they're ready to be pulled off the vine. I'm going to try to post a picture on this post of one of the bigger peppers I have on my 7 pot plant.

Thanks for any input!

28a4wol.jpg

Sometimes they're not always what the package says it is. So you need to grow them out to see what you got and that applies to everyone. 7's ripen in many colors, such as red, yellow, brown, white and probably a few others. They'll turn when they are ready and soon you will find out which ones you're growing. That's part of the fun or pitfalls.

what is common with the 7 Pot is that most turn red and are about the size of a ping pong ball...or at least that is my experience...

all this barracpore, jonah, and other names just confuse the hell out of me...I grow just plain ol' red 7 Pot peppers whose seed came originally from Trinidad...

Back