• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Got bored this weekend

Well my puter crashed this past weekend and I was out of a puter friday thru sunday so i was a little bored so i experimented :lol: used the hab sauce today in a stir fry great flavor with a lil heat and g/f liked it too :lol:

sauce.jpg

Well the orange hab sauce has been in the fridge now for 5 days..I made some mac and cheese (microwave kind i was lazy tonight :lol:) decided I would add maybe 10 drops into it
I was suprised had really good flavor and just enough heat to make it great the kinda heat you know is there but not the ow ow overpowering heat totally proud of myself but... ashamed at myself because... when i made the sauce i just added components to it lil this lil that etc and DID NOT WRITE IT DOWN arrrrrrrrrrgggg f*&^%ing idiot :lol:

I'm growing red and orange Rocotos this year but I've never tried them before (I heard they were good). A purple sauce would be good too, well to look at in the bottle, maybe you could put beetroot in it so it would be natural.

rainbowberry said:
I'm growing red and orange Rocotos this year but I've never tried them before (I heard they were good). A purple sauce would be good too, well to look at in the bottle, maybe you could put beetroot in it so it would be natural.
Purple peppers do exist. it's also possible using a blue vegetable as base and red peppers.

rainbowberry said:
I know but some of the ones I've seen don't really have an outstanding taste. Now I'm just trying to think of a blue vegetable :?:
Blue roots? blue potatoes? blue anything? hail genetics!
Hmmm... what about purple Jalapeño?

Omri said:
Blue roots? blue potatoes? blue anything? hail genetics!
Hmmm... what about purple Jalapeño?

Eggplants are purple, and there are lots of purple beans. Not prime sauce making ingredients, I know, but the color is right.

And say, why are we talking veggies, anyway. There are tons of purple and blue fruits and berries.

Back