• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Got sharp ?

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Having watched artisans employ this technique, and even having tried it myself, I can vouch for what a piece of work that knife is. It's unreal the amount of training, patience and skill that all go into turning a rock into a tool like that. One little mistake and it's tossed in the "seconds" pile. 
     Thanks for sharing. I love that handle, too. That's crazy!
Thank you, its nice to see someone who even knows about these, as I usually get blank expressions. I am really impressed with it, and the craftsmanship is very good. I personally collect knives created by individuals who take the time and effort to make their own knives. I don't have anything against the factory knives, I just really like one of a kind, high quality pieces.

AaronTT said:
 I personally collect knives created by individuals who take the time and effort to make their own knives. I don't have anything against the factory knives, I just really like one of a kind, high quality pieces.

Have I got a treat for you...

IMG_0196_zps60a0a19c.jpg

The Kershaw is shown for scale.

This knife looks quite familiar. Perhaps the maker has a few others out there I have run across. Nice!
Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Have I got a treat for you...

IMG_0196_zps60a0a19c.jpg

The Kershaw is shown for scale.

AaronTT said:
This knife looks quite familiar. Perhaps the maker has a few others out there I have run across. Nice!

From what I gathered, the manufacturer (Cutting Masters) is a very small operation in central Wisconsin. They primarily do saw and knife sharpening, but also have made custom knives. I bet the two guys that run it would be pretty happy to hear the recognition!

This is probably my favorite, its a Vintage R. Burnley hunting knife. The maker is no longer alive unfortunately, but he created some masterpieces. This one has a super high polished stainless blade, with ebony wood handles. I think he only made a couple of these.

$_57.JPG

knife.JPG

knife 2.JPG

Back