• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Got some unknown bug eggs on my young okra...

It is difficult to get a pic because they are so small. They are all over my young okra, on the stalks and under the leaves. They aren't clustered and look like they were laid at random. They are tiny, perfectly clear, round eggs. If you didn't know you were looking at eggs you would think you were looking at condensation. Anyways, I did a google search and the only things I can think of are some sort of butterfly or stinkbug. It worries me because they are just on my dwarf okra, which leads me to believe that whatever they are, once they hatch the okra will be dinner. Is there a spray, homemade or store bought anyone would recommend? Any other courses of action?

I'm an idiot. False alarm. I'll post this hear in case someone else searches for it

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cornucop/msg0416321917040.html

These tiny egg looking things are normal for okra, apparently.

SouthernFried, thanks for mentioning this. I had the same thing earlier on my 'test' okra. It was right about the time I had gnats, ahpids and thrips, so I ASSumed it was one of them. Wasted my Safer spray and time scrubbing off the little cell balls! Ima Idiot x 2.... :cool:

I would've done it on the okra growing now if not for your post. I owe you one..... :beer:

Here's another link on this kinda interesting phenomena:
okra cell balls

Ya nothing to worry about, all five of my plants that are doing well and producing 2-3 pods each all have the clear balls all under the leaves and sometimes on the stem itself. I thought something was up last year when I tried my hand at okra.

-J

SouthernFried, thanks for mentioning this. I had the same thing earlier on my 'test' okra. It was right about the time I had gnats, ahpids and thrips, so I ASSumed it was one of them. Wasted my Safer spray and time scrubbing off the little cell balls! Ima Idiot x 2.... :cool:

I would've done it on the okra growing now if not for your post. I owe you one..... :beer:

Here's another link on this kinda interesting phenomena:
okra cell balls

Ya nothing to worry about, all five of my plants that are doing well and producing 2-3 pods each all have the clear balls all under the leaves and sometimes on the stem itself. I thought something was up last year when I tried my hand at okra.

-J

Haha. Glad I'm not the only one with these things. Interesting link Siliman.

Back