• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

got these from a friend

Hi guys, a friend got these from a friend who told him they were scorpions. There were some yellow ones I saw a couple weeks ago that looked more scorpion'ish.

What do you reckon?
Ef6XNzW.jpg

oqJI2Fy.jpg

Dulac said:
Doesn't look like the naga moriches I grew. It does have a naga look too. Kind of looks like a bhut jolokia.

The top one is more bhut than the bottom , but the bottom one to me is very Naga Morich so that's the way I went with it as Nagas can look Bhutish..

KrakenPeppers said:
The top one is more bhut than the bottom , but the bottom one to me is very Naga Morich so that's the way I went with it as Nagas can look Bhutish..

They vary so much that I couldn't tell. I don't think bhuts or moriches are stable.

The naga morches I grew from pepperlover looked like this:

Thanks for the help guys. Seems consensus is Naga / bhut heritage.
moruga welder said:
gotta agree with kraken ,  but scorpion or moruga scorpion ?  hows the heat ?     :onfire:
No idea, never had a super hot before and not sure I'm game to put it in my mouth on its own just yet.

I harvested a bunch of seeds, so I'll grow it and see what happens.

I had cut it open already before I saw your post kraken. I grabbed all the seeds and popped them on a paper towel to dry.

I cut a sliver off the top near where the stalk was. I then cut a bit off that sliver about 2mmx2mm. It tasted beautiful. Not sure I can describe peppers but I figured it wasn't what we all thought it was as it wasn't really hot at all. I chewed it between my front teeth on my tongue then after a few seconds this heat started to build slowly and just kept getting hotter and hotter. I probably didn't eat enough to get a whole mouth feel but my tongue felt like it had been dipped in something very hot and was tingling a lot.

I liked the flavor, but I wouldn't eat these on their own again haha.

vovo said:
I had cut it open already before I saw your post kraken. I grabbed all the seeds and popped them on a paper towel to dry.

I cut a sliver off the top near where the stalk was. I then cut a bit off that sliver about 2mmx2mm. It tasted beautiful. Not sure I can describe peppers but I figured it wasn't what we all thought it was as it wasn't really hot at all. I chewed it between my front teeth on my tongue then after a few seconds this heat started to build slowly and just kept getting hotter and hotter. I probably didn't eat enough to get a whole mouth feel but my tongue felt like it had been dipped in something very hot and was tingling a lot.

I liked the flavor, but I wouldn't eat these on their own again haha.

lol sounds like a Naga to me... The building heat..

What's the difference between the naga morich and the naga jokokia? I grew the latter last year and a lot of the pods looked like that. These were commercial seeds from the UK, Thompson something something I think.

They look like they could be a Naga cross maybe with a Bhut, but they don't look like a Trinidad scorpion. Still they look like they could really burn so I would keep them even though they're not what you were told. There is a lot of crosses going around some are very very hot.

filmost said:
What's the difference between the naga morich and the naga jokokia? I grew the latter last year and a lot of the pods looked like that. These were commercial seeds from the UK, Thompson something something I think.
While very similar in looks there are..

Naga's that are arrow head shaped shiny generaly smooth rippled pods

Naga Morichs that are Nagas from Pakistan that are longer and more pimpled but still have that crevassey rippled sides

A lot of peppers are called Naga Jolokia probably because the owners don't know what they are and they are similar to look at. And there probably is a real Naga / Bhut Jolokia cross out there..

There is even a frutescen that goes by the name Naga Jolokia..

The problem is that there probably many varieties out there being called the same thing, but in reality there are different Pheno's that look similar but have differing heat, flavour and to a degree pod shape differences ..

Nagas are hotter then Jolokias usually by a small amount and have a more chemical taste , I find that on average they have more grooved pods where Jolokias are rough but not so much grooved.... (In the red variety )

In white varieties I find the alleged White bhut's look more Nagarish and often are called white nagas ..

At the end of the day it would take a real chilli head to identify what's what by tasting them and examining them .

Back