• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Grammy Fraud !

Radiohead didnt win the Album of the year, whats up with that ?

i havent even heard the slightest buzz about the winners Album - Robert Plant & Alison Kraus - whatta bunch of nonsense..

Plant and Kraus are really, really good, but not better than radiohead, who imho is the best band on earth right now.

So I cry foul on Who TF are Plant & Kraus, but I wholeheartedly agree about radiohead.

Actually that Robert Plant and Alison Krauss album "Raising Sand" is friggin awesome. I was shocked at how well their vocals go together like that.

Sickmont said:
Actually that Robert Plant and Alison Krauss album "Raising Sand" is friggin awesome. I was shocked at how well their vocals go together like that.

Yeah, I was gonna say.

And as far as Zeppelin fans swaying the judges, Plant has done tons of solo stuff that never even got an honorable mention at the grammies.

I love Zep, gotta say I haven't heard this new stuff but?
I really like the oldies getting up.

I thought the Bends and OK computer were a great album havent listend to Radio head since Kid A that was sooooooooo crap it turned me off them, I might have to chase the new album down.

stillmanz said:
I thought the Bends and OK computer were a great album havent listend to Radio head since Kid A that was sooooooooo crap it turned me off them, I might have to chase the new album down.

I have almost all Radiohead's albums, and Thom Yorkes solo ablum, I have to say that I Loved OK Computer, but Kid A was/is Amazing and ground breaking. The subsequent efforts have all built off of that and become more refined, but Kid A is still a special album to me. I know it's hard to listen and make a switch in sound when you prefer guitar based music, but thats why they are so great.

'In Rainbows' was a name-your-own-price download, not sure if it still is, so it can't hurt to give it a try. Never heard of Plant's album at all, I agree it's a fix.

Wild Man Matt said:
Never heard of Plant's album at all, I agree it's a fix.....

It's been around since early 2008. It didn't get squat for airtime on any of the corporate owned(i.e. Clearchannel communications) radio stations(apparently it can't be categorized with britney spears), but NPR has been playing the snot out of it all year long. Thats where i heard it first.

DickT said:
Who is Radio Head........... serious never heard of them...

Jesus Dick. Really??

"NPR" here has 3 stations. We are SO lucky.

WFPK plays nonstop music with no commercials. 90% can be heard nowhere else.

Plant got lucky teaming up with kraus.

His other recent stuff sucks.

Plant/Kraus are fantastic.

Radio Head are GODS.

Nuff said.

well if radio head are gods! well then I'll have to say I'm not part of that religion cuz I dont know who they are either!
I may of heard 1 or 2 songs of theirs w/o knowing who they are, but gods or the greatest band :think:
I'll have to say "no" on that part.

cheezy, I thought nirvana was your gods ?

Back