• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

grantmichaels [2013, 2015, 2016]

I'm thinking I might do a glog this time around ...

I'm really good about photodoc'ing, but a little lax w/ posting ...

New arrivals from CCN soaking up the negative ions and perking up after their trip down the Eastern Coast ...

48F29637-B0AE-4F46-AF2B-D8F12045E8F2-3285-00000A1E253CBF22_zpsb946e96f.jpg

Yeah, I couldn't justify buying the metal-metal one, American whatever ... actually, looks like they might be using that one to store the woman in QQ's reply =)

juanitos said:

got drainage? my new slogan  ;)

i've been a human dripper for the past two weeks ...

looking forward to getting planted - looking like it'll be this weekend ...

the good thing is that the landscape place where i buy the promix is half a block from JDubs Brewery and they are hosting the POLPO food truck this Saturday from 2pm to 7pm :party:

http://www.polpopizzaco.com/

grantmichaels said:
Yeah, I couldn't justify buying the metal-metal one, American whatever ... actually, looks like they might be using that one to store the woman in QQ's reply =)

i've been a human dripper for the past two weeks ...

looking forward to getting planted - looking like it'll be this weekend ...

the good thing is that the landscape place where i buy the promix is half a block from JDubs Brewery and they are hosting the POLPO food truck this Saturday from 2pm to 7pm :party:

http://www.polpopizzaco.com/
that looks like some good eating right there... Polpopizzaco!

Sorry for the delay, everyone, Stamps.com sent me a ship notification this morning, so as soon as the stuff comes, I'll print labels and get the seeds for domestic folks out, and then I'll iron out getting the expat seeds out to my friends far away ...

I've been busily drinking and brewing beer whenever I've not been working, lol ...

When the place I get my soil from informed me they didn't carry decent soil any longer, I almost decided to bag my grow and just brew beer this summer ...

But, you know, I think I might have found something that'll work on Amazon, for less, using my Prime account ...

http://amzn.com/B00GRADNDS

I'd used the Bx w/ the bio-fungicide in the past, but this is $20 less expensive/bail, delivered to my door, and still has the myco ... and honestly, high-porosity is the goal ...

I ordered a couple of bails and it looks like I'll at least have the beginning of a season =)

That seems pretty steep $57 a bale. I actually had to email my area sales rep and he pointed me to the 1 place that sells promix in my county. I was able to get the Promix BX for $27 a bale. Not sure what/if the price discrepancy should be between HP & BX

tctenten said:
That seems pretty steep $57 a bale. I actually had to email my area sales rep and he pointed me to the 1 place that sells promix in my county. I was able to get the Promix BX for $27 a bale. Not sure what/if the price discrepancy should be between HP & BX

Well, as per the usual, I can't really get away this weekend without giving someone the shaft - have to help Danielle tonight, work tomorrow, and see my mom for the 1st time in 2-3 months Sunday ...

The plants can't wait to be planted out, some are 3 weeks over due ...

The Bx here is like $70, in town. Definitely not a farming community, lol ...

My little GTi only fits a bail at a time, so I'd have to make two trips for two bails, which would take 2 hours in total, and cost me $75-80 in lost wages ...

So, like always ... shipped is the win, FOR ME =)

C'est la vie!

I hear ya, just hate seeing friends pay too much. I almost pulled the trigger on Prime as well, because I wanted to try Promix after reading about peoples success with it here. Finding it for $27 a bale led me to switch from just trying it, to doing all of my containers with it.

tctenten said:
I hear ya, just hate seeing friends pay too much.

fsck $

and juanitos is right, i'm planning to fill 50x 1 gal root pouches about 3/4 full - hence the two bails ...

i'll shop more carefully for the next round of soil, when it's time to pot up in a few months ...

but, we'll see what happens between now and then ... half might die, lol ... all might die to BLS ... none might die ...

i might only care about beer (a bit compulsive) ...

i might die ...

did i say i hate money? i hate money!

if i liked money, i'd have worked for my family on the exchange, and i'd be up there taking the train from hoboken and hanging out w/ tctenten and THP ...

This is my first time using the 3.8cf compressed bale and I spent a bunch of time trying to find out how many gallons it will fill. While I did do what you just did, I also found that 3.8cf bale compressed actually expands to about 7cf uncompressed. That gets you in the 45/50 gallon range. I will certainly find out this weekend when I fill up my root pouches. When I bought my Promix, I bought what I needed based off the 28 gallon assumption. So if it is actually approximately 45 gallons to a bale, I will have too much.

tctenten said:
This is my first time using the 3.8cf compressed bale and I spent a bunch of time trying to find out how many gallons it will fill. While I did do what you just did, I also found that 3.8cf bale compressed actually expands to about 7cf uncompressed. That gets you in the 45/50 gallon range. I will certainly find out this weekend when I fill up my root pouches. When I bought my Promix, I bought what I needed based off the 28 gallon assumption. So if it is actually approximately 45 gallons to a bale, I will have too much.
yeah i edited my post, i was dumb lol.

I actually like that link. Work has been slow this week and have been all over the internet trying to find the answer. I even called Promix but could never get a person on the phone.

The other reason I wanted to know was for how much amendments to add. In your experience is it really just 20ish gallons?

juanitos said:

no, that was hilarious ... i love that someone picked up on using it ... when properly applied, it's awesome ... and that's it's vector for spreading ...
tctenten said:

uh oh, which one of us will have gone further from their optimum spending.

i'm off by as much as $60 on my two bails ...

if you are end up w/ more than two bails extra, you lose in our biggest fiscal loser game ;)

Back