• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

grantmichaels [2013, 2015, 2016]

I'm thinking I might do a glog this time around ...

I'm really good about photodoc'ing, but a little lax w/ posting ...

New arrivals from CCN soaking up the negative ions and perking up after their trip down the Eastern Coast ...

48F29637-B0AE-4F46-AF2B-D8F12045E8F2-3285-00000A1E253CBF22_zpsb946e96f.jpg

Right, but if you freeze those peppers, anyway be burned. The cells structure is broken when it exposed below 0º.

I thinking that you would go to keep at fridge but not frozen.

You has trying to keep vacuum peppers into fridge without frozen?

grantmichaels said:

The vac helps them not get to freezer-burnt ... but basically I'm expecting to plop them into a pot w/ onion/garlic and whatever else to make hot sauce down the line in the winter ...

I have more JHP powder than my digestive tract could handle in two years, and at least a year's worth of sauce and jelly each ...

CHEERS!

I have the same problem....as I make more sauce & powder on a weekly basis.   I do enjoy making/using them....but I could probably take a year off and still be good.

tctenten said:

I have the same problem....as I make more sauce & powder on a weekly basis.   I do enjoy making/using them....but I could probably take a year off and still be good.

That's what I did ... I took a year off growing the plants ... and I'll do it, again, after these ...

I'm going to pick my proven-strong and give them nice 10-15 gallon pouches and take as good care of them as possible ...

Day and night-time temps switching over a bit ...

Shouldn't dropping flowers for much longer ...

Basically, time to pot-up and do my thing ...

These plants ran out of nutrients 2-4 weeks earlier than I'd hoped, but mostly I can't ask for more than what I've got ...

I deliberately didn't feed, or apply chemicals, or re-pot, or allow full sun through summer this year ...

I let them start to turn yellow from lack of N for the past 2 weeks ...

Within the next week, I'll repot them into big pots of Promix HP w/ a shit-ton of myco ...

I'll put some Osmocote in, but that's about it ...

Through Fall, I'm going to feed and transition into full sun and we'll see what kind of action we get ...

This is the pattern I thought of in the past seasons, and have pretty much succeeded at implementing it - so I'm curious.

They got hot, stressed etc ... we'll see how fiery the pods are this Fall, and how they respond to 1) getting fed, 2) having a realistic rootspace, and 3) getting full sun ...

I think it's going they're going to go bonkers TBH ...

I managed to send out some Mystery Citrus today, after mailing some boxes ...

This phase covered folks who had sent seeds to me around that time, excepting CypressHill73, whom I have to handle separately in the near future ... and people I was planning to send a larger than typically count to ...

Wicked Mike - I sent you seeds, and sent you some extra seeds for sirex ...
ShortcutToHell - I sent you seeds, and sent you some extra seeds for Shorerider ...
SmokenFire - I sent you seeds, and sent you the extras I'd put aside for wayright/buddy (a decent amount) ...
PaulG - I sent you seeds.

I have a couple more packs to get out, but those addy's I lost when I had to clear out messages during the week while my Extreme Membership had lapsed ...

Anyways ... while not perfect, I managed to get some dozens more seeds in people's hands, so that's good ...

:CHEERS:

grantmichaels said:
D3 - you like the BDD, i know i saw ... how about the other two?
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451710488.221550.jpg
Fun stuff from WM ... just digging into them now ;)

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451710775.304005.jpg

Limon is good, not really much different than pineapple. I really like omni color. Very pretty and tasty. Goes from white, purple, orange to red. I like eating them between purple and orange. Probably my second or third favorite pepper from last year. Good in salsa, guac, pico, fresh n raw. EVERYTIME I was in the garden I would munch on a few while wandering around. 

D3monic said:

Limon is good, not really much different than pineapple. I really like omni color. Very pretty and tasty. Goes from white, purple, orange to red. I like eating them between purple and orange. Probably my second or third favorite pepper from last year. Good in salsa, guac, pico, fresh n raw. EVERYTIME I was in the garden I would munch on a few while wandering around. 

ok, i'll grow a couple of BDD and aji omnicolor ...

grantmichaels said:

ok, i'll grow a couple of BDD and aji omnicolor ...

I had 3 of the BDD and two omni color last year. This year it will be probably 2 BDD and like 5 omni color. Several just as ornamentals in pots. Very pretty pods. 

Back