• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

grantmichaels [2013, 2015, 2016]

I'm thinking I might do a glog this time around ...

I'm really good about photodoc'ing, but a little lax w/ posting ...

New arrivals from CCN soaking up the negative ions and perking up after their trip down the Eastern Coast ...

48F29637-B0AE-4F46-AF2B-D8F12045E8F2-3285-00000A1E253CBF22_zpsb946e96f.jpg

Plant pictures later ... just finished doing some pruning and feeding them all some Fertrell ... which was a PITA because I had to fix 25 gallons of pH adjusted (down from 8+ to ~6) water through a pair of 5 gallon container and a pair of 1 gallon containers to pour ... ugh!

However ...

3 week seedling update ... going to plant the 13 that made it tomorrow in all likelihood ... I think into 2 gallon root pouches ...

Baker's Choc. Fat.

Baker's Choc. Bhut

Miami

Baker's TS Moruga

C. Reaper

1/3 on germ for the Reaper, everything else popped ... actually, I've never had anything NOT GERM in the EasyGreen until the Reaper ... who knows, don't care that much to be honest ...

In another area ... added a second air pump for AACT brewing ...

I'm using Alpha Hydro's rig ...

There's a single pump on the bottom of the bucket moving water - maybe you can see the swell of water (it's hard to photograph) ...

I used the rest of the old samples I had for this batch, w/ a clump of grass and some molasses ... but I'm pretty well stocked up ...

That's enough fun for today - it's damn hot!

couple of hours in, couple of hours ago ...

about an hour ago  ...

brewin' ...

this trio took really well to the fim ...

single purple marconi getting kind of big, i suppose I could pluck it and let the plant get to growing ...

early strawberries ...

these strawberries are mockingbird powered ...

some early maters ...

critter ...

mustard habs turning ...

early booty ...

the end.

This is what I hoped I would walk upon ...

I think I'm going to apply this batch as a foliar application w/ some coco wet ... better check w/ the others first, though ...

Let's look at one of the new CCN planters through FIM'ing, AACT'ing, and then finally correcting the pH ...

Plant out.

FIM.

Can't wait to show you how things went after starting the AACT.

Thx.

Noticed the stems were getting really thick ... started AACT drenches ...

Waxy look coming behind AACT - just like last year ...

But things weren't adding much size ... turns out I need to pH adjust my water this year ...

That was the problem ...

Add foliar feeding of AACT to drenches.

I'll post a more general update tomorrow, but I just started another 5 gallon bucket of AACT ... I'm sold.

oops, didn't include the last couple ... can i get a b-bump ...

RocketMan said:
Grant, which way did you have to adjust the Ph on your water and what did you use to adjust it?

our city water's pH was a consistent 7.4 last year throughout the entire season (having sampled it 2-3x anyways) ...

my new starts didn't seem to be growing much in the canopy, despite clearly growing a lot of new root mass, so after a couple of weeks I ran through the checklist of basics and found my pH was between 8.0 and 8.5 ...

i figured they were locked out, and started using the GH pH down, 4x droppers/5 gallon container ... it seems to mix well enough if you put the pH down in first, then fill them w/ the hose ... also, i have a culligan RV filter on the spigot to kill off chlorine ...

i'm pretty pedantic about changing a single variable at a time, scientific method and all, so i did check to see if the culligan was affecting pH from the spigot (and it wasn't appreciably) ...

it's a PITA to have to process 25 gallons of water for watering, but it unlocked the plants overnight and it definitely seemed like they appreciated all of the myco and AACT stuff i'd been giving them once the gating was fixed ...

hopefully i can share some pictures tonight if i get a few minutes, because the green pods are starting to show their color and things looks a lot better ...

i thought it would be more fun to show a single planter through it, rather than a shot of the whole garden having grown incrementally. it's been drastic ...

That's great, so do the 4 drops bring it back down to the 7.4 or lower. I'm thinking about trying some AACT this season. Were you able to find the myco stuff locally or have to go to the internet to get it? Last time I had to rinse the meter off from the last batch of sauce I know were at 7.4 to 7.6 over here in Orlando but that's a good point the the water might warrant a degree of watching as they can alter it at any point.

RocketMan said:
That's great, so do the 4 drops bring it back down to the 7.4 or lower. I'm thinking about trying some AACT this season. Were you able to find the myco stuff locally or have to go to the internet to get it? Last time I had to rinse the meter off from the last batch of sauce I know were at 7.4 to 7.6 over here in Orlando but that's a good point the the water might warrant a degree of watching as they can alter it at any point.

4x pipettes worth takes it down to around 6.0 or so ...

I ordered Great White myco from Amazon last year, and it goes a loooooong way ... FWIW, there are ways to multiple out your myco powder by brewing a tea (I've heard, but not done myself) ...

I really can't recommend the AACT process enough, it's totally worth the effort and another technique to get closer to going organic - which I'm planning to execute in my 2nd grow space ...

Alpha Hydro's kit makes it effortless (especially for a tool-challenged dude like me), but most people around THP can probably rig a bucket up pretty effortlessly ...

While I was grabbing some handfuls of grass for the nutmilk bag, I took a picture at dusk because the iPhone's cam handles the low light exposure much better in terms of color reproduction ...

Florida sun *NEVER* allowed me to maintain that dark of green in full sun locations before the AACT ...

I think before and after makes it easier to see ...

Before ...

After AACT ...

You can really see how the AACT does away w/ the chlorotic growth ...

After fixing pH, too ...

Anyways ... it's not everything, but it's definitely something ...

If I get some bumps throughout the night, I'll post up how the tiny peppers responded ... the tepins went bonkers all of a sudden ...

Great update GM!! The AACT is making a huge difference and you can see it in your pics. Great looking peppers you got already too. Hope the peppers keep popping out for you!

Thanks!

The relleno's grew a bunch this past week ...

So did the marconi ...

But the little peppers went wild!

Like ... really, really wild ...

that's all the pics I can squeeze in to this post ... but that pretty much does it for the little guys ...

I'll shoot up another update later including the early harvests and poddage out there right now that's just changing colors ...

Grant there's defineately a big difference foliar feeding with the AACT. Plants look huge. Did you get some AACT on the burger? That also looks huge and delish...........salamander the cheese ?

heh ... more like brulee torch gone wild!

thanks for stopping by ...

edit: i think i'll add some pods that have just started to change color etc ...

first maters to turn a little bit ...

couple of mini bells ...

couple of douglah's ...

some mustard hab's ...

some yellow 7's ...

purple jala ...

purple marconi ...

eggplants ...

bod e ...

I really enjoy when the coloring starts =) ...

pulled some pods this afternoon ...

we're going to halve them and put them in dehydrator at 140F ... we've never done this before, hope it works ...

just checked on them, not much doin' considering how bad it sinks in that room ... sheesh!

the plants ought to have enjoyed this afternoon's (likely pH-lowering) rain! ...

the easygreen sprouts didn't pan out well using the sure-to-grow matting ...

will use some jiffy's this time (going to start some seeds tomorrow) ...

PIC 1 got me off the hook on dinner tonight by reminding me that I have 1st world survival skills sufficient enough to craftily dodge 'real' cooking tonight ...

brulee torched habanero wrap w/ crispy toasted pancetta, smelted mexican shreds, jarred jala slices, and some fresh maters ...

Back