beer Grass Snake has a brewing thread??

Voodoo 6 said:
What style of beer you going to brew Grass? For the next batch, I am thinking a Guinness style, with an absolutely stupid grain bill.

I'll be making an Ipa for my first batch. Still need to get a boil kettle, so not sure when I will start brewing. Hopefully in the next week or so..

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Congrats GS! What type of IPA are you going for? Do you have a LHBS in your area?
I do have a LHBS, about 20 minutes away. I have no idea what type of Ipa I'll be making yet, maybe a trip to the LHBS will give me a better idea..
Capped my first bottle! That was fun practice. Putting the Samuel Smith away for now.

Attachments

• 20161125_231826.jpg
    20161125_231826.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 105
I'm about through a sack of Maris Otter, and presently have a metric shit-ton of specialty grains, but plan to order batch-specific specialty grains and the yeast for most all batches going forward, and stock only MO, pils, and munich ...

I'll keep some flaked oats, barley, and rye, and some whole roasted barley and caramel 15/60, and some torrefied wheat on hand - because they don't get milled ...

That'll mean ordering tiny little mixed bags of milled specialty grains along with some yeast when needed ... which will be inexpensive (low weight) ...

No more stocking yeast and specialty grains for me, just

Grass Snake said:

I'll keep my eye on the manufacturing date of the yeast. Definitely would have over looked that, thanks. 
Fresh yeast makes a huge difference, especially if you aren't making a yeast starter. I direct pitched a smack pack of 10 day old 1084 yeast into 6 gallons of stout wort at 1.077 about 48 hours ago, and it is already down to 1.026.

you can still kick a brew off even if you have a 2 gallon brew pot using extracts and specialty grains. get the first batch going and while that one is going scale up. start it up brother.

think the key is to always have something fermenting. and lots of bottles. share with friends and have them save the bottles. haha

Voodoo 6 said:
you can still kick a brew off even if you have a 2 gallon brew pot using extracts and specialty grains. get the first batch going and while that one is going scale up. start it up brother.

think the key is to always have something fermenting. and lots of bottles. share with friends and have them save the bottles. haha

Yeah I need to get something going and quit kicking tires here. lol  It will be soon tho

Back