• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Greatest College Football Player of ALL TIME....

It's getting to be about that time....So I want to know,who do you think is the best college football player EVER...
Single year,game,or college career....

Single game,and year my vote goes to lucky #13 "The Freshman"

By far the best college football player EVER in HISTORY:
His most memorable moment to me came when he stripped the ball after a turnover that would have ended the game....In the Championship game vs thUg U
He even saves the QB from getting clobbered in the same play with a block..

I heard about this guy the last time I went back to visit some friends in Lima,Ohio @ the Scarlet/Gray game...My friend tells me to join him..
"This kid will be the next BIG THING in college football". He looked like a madman in a scrim game,blowing up Seniors like it was pee wee...
After that game,I was the biggest Clarett fan...Growing up for most of my life in Texas,I know football...at least I like to think I do! I've seen my fair share anyways.

Sad to say,he was another"This guy is going to be the next"....Flop
It really sucks what he did with some of his choices,but we all can say that about a lot of people(including myself)..

So anyways..
Maurice Clarett,then Deion Sanders,and finally BO!

Who is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME in college football?

maurice clarett wasn't even the best player in the country when he was in school... hell, mike doss was probably the best player on the Luckeyes that year...

red grange
You obviously didn't watch any of the "Buckeyes" games that year....
Game changer comes to mind...
Did you happen to catch the 2002 championship game?
I bet Sean Taylor will never forget that game,or Clarett

In naming a best of all time don't you need to consider the player's body of work? I mean Clarett had a great season, one time. I would think that players that did it over more than one year would rate higher. Of course, Fremp, I am guessing (and may be wrong) that you weren't around to remember any of the other players mentioned besides Tebow. Barry Sanders is one that comes to mind too.

1. Jim Thorpe HB - Carlisle
2. Herschel Walker RB - Georgia
3. Red Grange HB - Illinois
4. Sammy Baugh QB/DB/P - TCU
5. Tim Tebow QB - Florida

I got to meet herschel a few years ago and he still looked a beast. Time has not aged that dude alot. Super nice guy, talked to my son for about 15 mins, and being a DAWG FAN was a plus.

I'll go #1 Jim Thorpe (who was the best everything his entire life) and #2 would be Herschel Walker - and I could easily see reversing these two since Thorpe was a man among boys whereas Walker played on a more level playing field in terms of the talent of the opposition he faced, which was consistently better just based on the time-frame and mindset of conditioning, coaching and training. So hard to compare across eras, but I give the edge to Thorpe for being so dominant...at anything he wanted to be dominant at.

Hmpfff....I didn't even know they played football up in Ohio....

I was fortunate enough to get to watch Bo Jackson play at Auburn...baseball and football...his senior season football was outstanding...he wanted the ball and you could see him in the huddle sayin' "gimme the ball...I wanna run over somebody...." ....he wasn't a shabby baseball player either....I told him running backs in the NFL are fighter pilots...maybe a good 5-7 years but if he played baseball, he had a good 20 in him....so he did both for a short while... :rofl:

Back