• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Greatest Sammich On Earth!

This sammich is why god created man, so that man could make and eat it. Typically I don't use sauces, I grow my peppers, so to make the main ingredient here you might need to look in stores, or (and you should you pepper lovers you) just grow your own. You can get all your meats/cheese from dietz and watson but you might have your prefered brands or styles as well. Please stick to 8 lbs meat and 2 lbs cheese.

Sammich

1 large 1 foot sourdough loaf cut.
1 cup hot pepper relish (recipe to follow).
1 lb Hot Capicola
1 lb Rosemary Basil Ham
1 lb Olive loaf
1 lb prosciutto
1 lb Mortadella
1 lb Pastrami
1 lb Salami
1 lb sliced brisket
1 lb jalapeno chili pepper jack cheese
1 lb Horseradish Munster Cheese
1 lb Kosher Dill Pickles
1 lb Tomatos
Mustard and Mayo to taste.

Cut the loaf of bread like a bun scoop it out, put on 1 cup hot pepper relish on both sides add tasty mayo and a huge splooge of mustard. Layer the works 1 lb capicola, 1 lb prosciutto, 1 lb mortadella, 1 lb basil ham, 1 lb salami, 1 lb sliced brisket, 1 lb olive loaf (this sasmmich was made for world peace, symbolized by the olive), 1 lb pastrami, 1 lb jalapeno chili pepper jack cheese, 1 lb horseradish munster cheese, 1 lb of pickles, 1 lb of tomatoes, and BAM! On goes the lid KAPLOW!!

Hot Pepper Relish

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pounds habanero peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pound jalapeno peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 pound Dorset Naga peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
8 cups vinegar
2 cups water
10 cloves garlic, crushed
2 onion, chopped

DIRECTIONS
Place the habanero peppers, jalapeno peppers, and Dorset Naga peppers into a large pot. Add the vinegar, water, garlic, and onion. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes.

Ladle peppers into sterile jars, and fill to the top with the liquid, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Tap jars on the counter to remove air bubbles. Place two piece lids on the jars.

Place jars in the rack of a large, canning pan, and fill with enough water to cover the jars completely. Bring to a boil, and boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Refrigerate jars after opening.

Dice or run through food processor to make a spread as needed.

840A0105.jpg

840A0103.jpg

840A0101.jpg

840A0102.jpg

I feel bad cause I don't know any sauce you can use you make up the heat. I grow all my peppers. It is hard to find Dorset Naga peppers in the store, so I don't know what to say about suppliments. I do have a bunch of Bhut Jolokia Seeds that I'm going to grow this year, hopfully I will make some organic smoking hot recipes with them if my yields are good.

dreamtheatervt said:
I think I'd dislocate my jaw trying to eat that thing...but damn it looks tasty.

Just eat it in bites, and sip on some beer (or scotch in the picture above). You can't get all the flavors in one mouthful, so it feels like you’re eating 3 different sammichs with all the different mouthfuls you have to take (top, center, bottom) and they are all REALLY hot!

My mouth was seriously watering!

WOW!! It would take 3 spleef's, 37 beers, 4 fat ladies and a small pack of wolves to eat that thang'. Make another one!!

chiliman said:
Did you eat the sammich or did the sammich eat you?!

I ate the sammich over the course of 5 days buy cutting off a 2" thick slice at a time. The most important step in making the sammich, outside of eating the hot pepper relish while you make it, is to wrap it up tightly after you make it and put it in the fridge for a few hours so that it will marinade and firm up.

marcosauces said:
thats a $50 bucks sandwich..:lol:
BTW welcome to the THP..!!!

Hey Marco, why don't you add that monster to your menu? You could call it something like the:

"Spazhairlip's institutional-sized, ample, barn door-ish, brimming, bulky, burly, capacious, chock-full, colossal, commodious, considerable, copious, crowded, enormous, extensive, fat, full, gigantic, heavy duty, heavyweight, hefty, huge, hulking, humungous, husky, immense, jumbo, king sized, mammoth, massive, monster, oversize, packed, ponderous, prodigious, roomy, sizable, spacious, strapping, stuffed, substantial, super colossal, thundering, vast, voluminous, walloping, whopping sammich" :lol:

Sickmont said:
Hey Marco, why don't you add that monster to your menu? You could call it something like the:

"Spazhairlip's institutional-sized, ample, barn door-ish, brimming, bulky, burly, capacious, chock-full, colossal, commodious, considerable, copious, crowded, enormous, extensive, fat, full, gigantic, heavy duty, heavyweight, hefty, huge, hulking, humungous, husky, immense, jumbo, king sized, mammoth, massive, monster, oversize, packed, ponderous, prodigious, roomy, sizable, spacious, strapping, stuffed, substantial, super colossal, thundering, vast, voluminous, walloping, whopping sammich" :lol:

sorry Sickmont but I think your suggestion is over-descriptive when you could simply call it: the big f**ken sammich. at least I'm sure that's what Andrew Dice-Clay would call it!

I'm over here now!

Haha..Sickmont i don't think anyone would order it...to darn big, and as Big sayd i would have to attach a lipitor pill to it..:)
smaller size is in the thinking...:)

SpazHairlip said:
I ate the sammich over the course of 5 days buy cutting off a 2" thick slice at a time. The most important step in making the sammich, outside of eating the hot pepper relish while you make it, is to wrap it up tightly after you make it and put it in the fridge for a few hours so that it will marinade and firm up.

I can't help but to think of Homer Simpson eating the 12 foot sub. Finding it under the sofa when it's all green and wilty. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.

Back