• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Green Chile Apple Pie

I love apple pie, but also with peppers!  

Here in New Mexico we add chiles to everything.  So, to make a pie better, I add roasted green chiles.  I add about a cup of chopped roasted peppers  and some pine nuts to a standard apple pie recipe.  I keep it real simple and have only apples, chiles, pine nuts, cinnamon and sugar to taste.  Make some basic pie crust for the top and bottom and bake it.  Yummy!

enjoy!

Weed said:

The only lawful topping is vanilla ice cream and it definitely a terrorist act to mess with the inside that much.

:rofl:

The cheese doesn't alleviate the need for ice cream, au contraire - it's necessitates a rich custard-y vanilla ...

Weed said:
im not listeningggggggggggg lalalalalallalalalalalalalalalalallla

seriously tho, yall found my chili with no beans

i understand, it's how i feel about mac and cheese ...

i can't stand people putting their spin on my mac and cheese, lol ...

grilled cheese isn't much better, but i have had some exemplary non-standard grilled cheese experiences, although they aren't all that common ...

That sounds like a good tasting pie. One of mu family and friends favorite hot sauce I make contains lots of apples in it so I don't see why the opposite would be any different. Apple pie with hot peppers. 

You can call it a Hot Apple Pie  :)

grantmichaels said:
Oh man ... it's screaming for some burnt-on cheddar w/ those peppers, I'm thinking!

Weed said:

The only lawful topping is vanilla ice cream and it definitely a terrorist act to mess with the inside that much.

:rofl:

How about we compromise with some frozen yoghurt? More of that dairy curd flavour without being a straight up desert ruining cheese.

Back