• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Green pepper plant size

Why are they so small? Are there varieties that grow larger plants? Mine always seem to hit 14-16" and that's it. Occasionally they will hit 24".

What's the story morning glory?

Anyone have any experience/info to enlighten the readers of this thread as well as myself?

I grew some two years ago.  They didn't get very tall now that you mention this.  First time and only time ever growing them.  I know my grandpa grows them in Iowa and i can't ever remember seeing his plants big either.

You talking Bells??? If so my plants are always smallish too. If you're looking for a Bell type that gets to be a very big plant I grew one last year off a seed train that was labeled Goccia D' Oro and it was over 5' tall and a monster producer of Bell type pods that were more globe shaped than lobed. Same basic size or a bit larger on average than most Bells. I will look and see if I still have any of those seeds. Very sweet pepper with a little less of that "grass" flavor you referred to in your under ripe Jal post. Lemme know brudda!

I think green bell pepper plans r typically 2 ft tall at most.Cultivars give different colors and sizes of the actual pepper--like the goliath pepper produces huge pods but the plant height is about the same... some hybrids can grow in cooler climates or more alkaline soils but nothing really with plant size.

Damn P-Son, but how big is the actual plant? 

Shane, definitely would like to try out that plant. I'd like something that produces more than two bells at a time...or bell like. Its so funny, you have this little plant with a huge bell hanging off of it and then once that one is ready, another one is starting to grow....I don't have enough garden space to try and grow 10 plants lol

I will look and see if I have any this weekend 3/5...I don't know for sure if I do, but if so they're yours!

Back