• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Green pod's and seed's.

Not sure if this is posted somewhere. I have a few knarly looking pod's that are green. They have stopped growing in size. My question is, would the seed's from these germinate? How long does it take the seed's to mature, verses the pod ripening? We are going into the 20's F this weekend and I want to try and save some pod's. Thank ya for any help.

From what I understand only mature coloured pods have viable seeds. I have seen Khang Starr on YouTube remove excess pods to get the green ones to ripen faster so might be worth checking out..

doesn't hurt to try germinating a few to test.. it's not 100% required for the pod to be ripe, but it will increase chances of better germinating rate.

If it's moveable, stick it in the garage or something similar. If not, take off a big branch with pod and bring it in. It should continue to ripen for a while. I've had some continue ripening for a few weeks before getting soft this way.

Back