• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Green Shrimp Curry

Done with Thanksgiving . . . on with a nice shrimp curry:

DSC_1090.JPG

DSC_1091.JPG

DSC_1092.JPG

DSC_1097.JPG

DSC_1098.JPG

DSC_1100.JPG

I've avoided shrimp in my curry since the first time I tried it, because the shrimp were mushy in a way I'd not experienced before prior ...

buddy notes to simmer for only a minute or two at the end ... and I think that would prevent what I'm talking about, because I'm sure we left it there for 20-30 mins to let the flavors combine ...

I will have to try curry w/ shrimp again, now, because I would like to be able to have some of my curry dishes w/ shrimp - and I think this post goes right, where we'd gone wrong ...

Thanks for sharing.

I have not made shrimp curry, but I a sure it is very similar to when I make seafood gumbo.  I actually wait until the end, turn the heat off, and THEN add the shrimp.  The residual heat is more than enough to cook them.

I would have been inclined to douse it w/ RED powder, and then I'd have drank it inside out and got up for a second bowl ... which I'd have had by teh teaspoon, mindfully.

I added powder after.  I don't like that it turned out a little runny.  Tastes damn good though.  First time I have worked with Kaffir.

I keep a little prep dish w/ a slurry of corn starch (I have also, but haven't tried yet, tapioca starch for this) whenever I do Asian these days ...

I also have a jar with some kaffir leaves and a kaffir leaf powder, neither of which I have tried yet ...

How was the flavor? ...

As described, then ...

I try a single leaf the first time, LOL ...

I have to figure out the right meat to use for velveting some beef for my Asian exploration ...

Hey buddy that's a nice summer meets winter curry with zucchini and sweet potato. Very nice!

Nice too P2K!

Very nice curry there Jay, I just wouldn't dig large pieces of chicken breast like that. I'd pound the breast down to a 1/2" and cut into uniform pieces.

The King of Curry sent me a recipe and a few supplies,so Ima jack his thread  :high:

Prepped

Diggin the fragrance

I could eat it just like this!   

Thats whats up

Money

This was my first attempt at making Curry

Thanks for the help T , this stuff is incredible

:cool:
Kevin

wayright said:
The King of Curry sent me a recipe and a few supplies,so Ima jack his thread  :high:

Prepped

Diggin the fragrance

I could eat it just like this!   

Thats whats up

Money

This was my first attempt at making Curry

Thanks for the help T , this stuff is incredible

:cool:
Kevin

Looks beyond amazing . . . nicely done!  This is one of my all-time favorite curry recipes.  Glad that you liked it.

Back