• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Greenhouse Advice

Ok..... so i'm thinking of building a small "greenhouse" .............. actually its more of a shaded area to keep seedlings after they have germinated....

this trinidadian sun is just too god damn hot for you to care for seedlings - the soil dries up quickly and well with that type of sun on the seedlings....... they don't stand up that long....

i have tried placing them under the eave of my house.... but the problem is now too much shade and slowed growth rate....

so i am thinking of building a small structure ......... framework done with PVC......

its more or less going to be something like a tent that will allow air circulation but its main purpose would be to keep out the direct sunlight on the seedlings......

conceptually everything seems OK...... but my problem is the material to cover it:

Is there a type of material that will block out the direct sunlight but still allow enough pass through so as not too leave them in complete shade.....

EVEN here in tn the sun could burn the plants my garden is shaded with tall trees the plants only recive 3 hourse direct sun the rest is shade not all plants like too much burnning sun

Try this link
I don't know what sort of size you're looking for but they have it. As others said you can poh boy it and just use a sheet or netting or lace or pretty much anything.

last year I used burlap seemed to work good. I just put it to block the hottest part of the day.but you might check army surplus for camo netting

thanks everyone for your advice...... took a look at the links and i will definitely get something netted...... seems to be the norm...... the structure would not be all that big........... 8 x 6 or so..... just an area to keep them shaded after germination......

Back