• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse Greenhouse Pictures

I did a search for greenhouse pics but no thread came up. Been thinking about having a hobby greenhouse in the next year hopefully. Looking for ideas to put together, and thought a thread with those pics could help me or others.

Chilidude said:
You can just check out some cheap Greenhouse builds from Youtube.

My only issue is a lot of folks on youtube half-ass their builds and don't explain the proper way to do something. 

2 X 4's and visqueen.

Cheap! (and easy).

22534-Diy-Greenhouse.jpg

(Not mine but it's a visual)

Yeah OCD, I've seen people use pallets for green houses. The cool thing about building one like that is, you make customize the shape/size for your location.

You can build a solid 160ft2 x 9.5ft high greenhouse from thirty 8ft lengths of timber. If you stretch to 10ft`ers you can have 250ft2 x 11.5ft high. Greenhouses can never be too big :)

I bought a 6x8 greenhouse at harbor freight for $240 with the 20% coupon. Instructions sucked but I really like it. With the shelves in it its really sturdy. The panel clips suck but I just zipped some self tappers in to reinforce. So far they held up to 50mph winds

image.jpeg

Damn I hate uploading pics from phone.

D3monic said:
I bought a 6x8 greenhouse at harbor freight for $240 with the 20% coupon. Instructions sucked but I really like it. With the shelves in it its really sturdy. The panel clips suck but I just zipped some self tappers in to reinforce. So far they held up to 50mph winds
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Damn I hate uploading pics from phone.
I thought about one of those. I've read, you have to reinforce. I seen it in your glog. It looks great. I still have this hoop bender that builds 12ft wide x 6ft high hoops. I'll give it a try. I want 12x20 house. I missed a deal on a 8x12 hoop house for 50 bucks the other day. Damn it!!

I just got a coupon it's onsale $219 , combine that with the 20% you would be hard pressed to build one for cheaper. Hell I spent almost $70 just building the shelves

D3monic said:
I just got a coupon it's onsale $219 , combine that with the 20% you would be hard pressed to build one for cheaper. Hell I spent almost $70 just building the shelves
I agree, that's pretty hard to build anything for that price.

I picked up this 50x100 greenhouse last month for a steal. Fans,electrically actuated vents, Lp gas heater that I will probably never have to use, and the guy threw in new plastic to recover it. I have it moved down to our Pecan orchard west of Galveston and will have it up and running well before Fall gets here.

20160405_154141.jpg

20160405_154257.jpg

20160405_153921.jpg

Galveston340 said:
I picked up this 50x100 greenhouse last month for a steal. Fans,electrically actuated vents, Lp gas heater that I will probably never have to use, and the guy threw in new plastic to recover it. I have it moved down to our Pecan orchard west of Galveston and will have it up and running well before Fall gets here.

20160405_154141.jpg

20160405_154257.jpg

20160405_153921.jpg
I'm not jealous, not even a little :tear: come to think of it I'm not.  Im finding out that running a green house is a ton of work and mines only 8'x12'.  

Back