Greetings fellow chileheads

I found this forum a few weeks ago. I really appreciate all of the information available here. It seems like the members are great about supporting each others addiction.
About me:
Started eating chiles when I was ~ 4 years old. I had a sadistic uncle that fed me pickled cherry peppers (probably pimentos), expecting me to run away screaming and crying. I did the opposite and asked for more. This was in the 60's when there wasn't much out there except pickled peppers and Tabasco. I would literally drink the pickling liquid after the peppers were gone. Never cared much for Tabasco - too weak and vinegary. I started eating fresh Jalapenos in my teens, when they first appeared in grocery stores whre I grew up (Minnesota). Graduated to habaneros in my early 20's when they came on the scene. Once I was out on my own and had a house, I grew hot peppers - habaneros, "thai's", serrano, cayenne and of course jalapeno. Made a lot of hot sauce and salsas as well as dried and froze my harvests. Recently got into the hotter varieties and grew bhut's, chocolate hab's and carribean hab's this year - as well as some tamer varieties. I have 5 acres of property, so the only limit is time and money. I am planning on hot sauces, powders, rubs and smoked peppers with this year's harvest. I will post pick of my stuff later this weekend. Cheers!

I found this forum a few weeks ago. I really appreciate all of the information available here. It seems like the members are great about supporting each others addiction.
About me:
Started eating chiles when I was ~ 4 years old. I had a sadistic uncle that fed me pickled cherry peppers (probably pimentos), expecting me to run away screaming and crying. I did the opposite and asked for more. This was in the 60's when there wasn't much out there except pickled peppers and Tabasco. I would literally drink the pickling liquid after the peppers were gone. Never cared much for Tabasco - too weak and vinegary. I started eating fresh Jalapenos in my teens, when they first appeared in grocery stores whre I grew up (Minnesota). Graduated to habaneros in my early 20's when they came on the scene. Once I was out on my own and had a house, I grew hot peppers - habaneros, "thai's", serrano, cayenne and of course jalapeno. Made a lot of hot sauce and salsas as well as dried and froze my harvests. Recently got into the hotter varieties and grew bhut's, chocolate hab's and carribean hab's this year - as well as some tamer varieties. I have 5 acres of property, so the only limit is time and money. I am planning on hot sauces, powders, rubs and smoked peppers with this year's harvest. I will post pick of my stuff later this weekend. Cheers!
Welcome to the Thp.Being new myself,I find this forum a treasure trove of info as well.

Back