Greetings from Finland!

Greetings from Scandinavia!

My name is Mikko and I live in Western Finland.

I have grown chiles for 4 years now and finally I found here as well.
Because here in Finland, the winter is cold and summer is too short, the greenhouse season has to be started indoors
on winter. So I don't have much room for plants. Obv. my kitchen and bedroom are already full of overwintered plants. :P

I mostly grow good varieties for cooking and make other products like pickled chiles, salsas, smoked powders etc...
Apple wood smoked nagapowder, in my secret dry rub is soo heavenly tasty on deer ribs ;)

I love Naga Morich and many different Habanero varieties and Rocotos. Couple milder Cap Baccatums like Aji Cristal and
Champion are always on MUST-list also.

I grow mostly in hydroponics but have some plants in peat too.

Apparently there are a few familiar faces from Fatalii's forum.
Like Lee and JungleRain ... Cool to see you guys here as well. :)

Cya all later!!

-Mikko-

:welcome: Do you know Rev. Ned Brockwell? He is in Jyväskylä, Finland.
I don't know him personally, but remembered one tabloid he got into...
He's homies sent him local toilet paper via airmail, due the finnish forest industry strike :lol:

Here is crappy google-translate from that tabloid from local newspaper:
http://translate.google.fi/translate?hl=fi&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.f1-forum.fi%2Fvb%2Fshowpost.php%3Fp%3D439119%26postcount%3D119

Quite hilarious...

Yes, I remember that. He's also mentioned in a book by some Finnish teachers on mistakes made by foreigners trying to speak Finnish. I understand he really mangles the language. Somehow he got a call recently to be an assistant pastor there. :lol:

i could attempt to say welcome in finnish but like the good reverend would most likely screw it up and probably end up telling you, that you have the breath of dog - wouldn't that be a good start!

welcome and i do use finnish all weather tires on the volvo.

Welcome from Austin Texas.

May Your Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Whoaa!!! Every character correct... You must be cheated :beer:

Or...Finnish. I was born in the States but my grandparents came from Finland. There's lots of us here in Minnesota. I here there are some big Pike (Hauki) over there...Okay, that time I cheated... :lol: I grew up eating kalamojakka.

Did you know lutefisk is proof of original sin?

Well, dried stockfish is something i cannot understand or eat! :D
Why an earth you put lye in ur meal??

It suppose to be one of the best Swedish dish at christmas, but I'm not puttin' that to my mouth...
But they say that you love it or hate it.

Merry x-mas to all chileheads around a world! :cheers:

Back