Greetings from Germany

Hello Hot Pepper Community,

my name is Sascha, I am 27 years old and live in Germany. I started growing Chilies myself three years ago, because buying Habaneros and stuff gets quite expensive, not to mention that buying super hots is almost impossible in my country.
Why am I doing this? Well, I am frequently visiting Asia and at first their hot and spicy food was killing me... people laughed at me.... so I had to do s.th. First I started with Birds Eye peppers followed by Scotch Bonnets and Habaneros but I got bored and tried my first super hot. 2013 is my second super hot season and I am really looking forward to harvesting some really hot pods.
I dont know why but last years super hots didnt really kick my ass... maybe I have a higher tolerance than other people or maybe I simply cant grow hot chilies... I had red and yellow Scorpions, 7 Pot Jonah and a hybrid yellow Scorpion Jonah red. The taste was great, especially the yellow Trinidad Scorpion but I didnt have this " OMG where´s the f.... milk " feeling at all. I actually enjoyed the burn.
So this year I am growing Morougas, Brainstrains, Primos etc. Hopefully I have some more fun with them.

Why am I here? I would like to gather more information about growing really hot peppers, different varieties, meet new people and exchange seeds and stuff and of course share my information with you.
I cant grow too many plants ( 8 - 10 per season ) due to my limited space ( 12sqm balcony and a 1sqm grow box ) but they are healthy and good looking :)

Greetings

Sascha

:welcome: from the PacofocNorthWest, USA!

Hi Sascha and welcome to the forum!

I'm living in Bavaria myself. I moved here from Scotland. I know exactly what you mean about it being difficult to find anything spicy here. I now only eat Vindaloos at the Indian restaurants. I never ate a Vindaloo when I lived in Scotland. We sometimes buy a few Habanero-type chillies from the market place in Munich at Marienplatz. You can also buy Naga Jolokia there as well. But they're not that cheap. 5.95 euros for 6 of them (I can't believe my partner remembered that when I asked him just now!). Nothing beats being able to pick them fresh from the plant just before cooking them though. I've got a bumper crop of Chocolate Habaneros growing in my in-built cupboard at the moment that I have been over-wintering.

I'll be growing superhots in both Bavaria and the Harz this season. It will be interesting to see how the crops compare.

Back