Greetings from North Alabama

Hello everyone. I am a beginner pepper farmer from Huntsville,Al. I just stumbled across your site while watching some youtube videos on growing peppers. I am amazed at all the info that you guys have on here. Hopefully I can find answers to the questions that I have before I post a question. I look forward to being part of the community and learning as much as I can about my new addiction.

BTW- is there a "Dummies guide to Pepper Farming" with the most common "Do's" and "Don't"?

welcome from the Philippines!

first year grower here too.

all i did was just to read everything i can on here.

and of course asked questions.

Welcome from Florida. There's lots of great info here, but dont be afraid to ask questions or post pictures.

hi and welcome from sydney au :) as for the do's and dont's the growing thread will give you a tonne of information and the search function will find anything relating to your question :) good luck!

Welcome from Fort Worth...

number one rule of pepper gardening....peppers hate wet feet...IMO the number one reason for peppers not doing well is overwatering...

as an aside...if you are in Huntsville, you must be a Crimson Tide supporter....all I got to say is "WAR EAGLE !!!!"

Hello and Welcome from Virginia. :)

Welcome from Lake Constance, Germany! I know Huntsville well. My dad in law lives in Madison, my brother in law in Rogersville. And once a year we visit the Space and Rocket Center.

...as an aside...if you are in Huntsville, you must be a Crimson Tide supporter....all I got to say is "WAR EAGLE !!!!"

Roll Tide!

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Thanks for the welcomes all.

I have taken pictures of all of my plants to post. I have a few leaf spots that have plagued me in the early goings but I am sure that it is from over watering. It is hard to gauge the weather here since the forecast from now until early September is about the same, hot with a 30-50% chance of rain everyday. It seems like every time I water my plants I will get rain for the next 3 days. As such, the pots stay pretty damp.

I have a pretty good mix of peppers for my first foray at growing. I obtained my seeds from a friend's wife that works at a local hydroponic farm and started them myself. I have Jalapenos, Serrano, Tabasco, Tiburon, Golden Habs, Cayanne, and Sweet Banana. I also have one mystery set of seeds that no one knew what they were. They were given to the farm owner by a friend and were said to be hotter than anything he has ever eaten. I am not having any luck getting them to sprout though. It has been about 3 weeks and nothing yet but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Oh and a question- Tap, distilled, or rain water? I was lucky enough to catch about 20gal of rain water today in a garbage can. It was water that ran off of my roof. Is it safe to use? The garbage can was clean and was only used for lawn clippings for a short time.

Thanks again for the welcome and good luck on your seasons.

Hi, I use rain water off my roof and I suspect many others do to.

Mike

If you use tap water you have to let the chlorine dissipate I think. I use an aquarium bubbler for all the water I use in my hydro seed starting area.

Back