Greetings from Northern Cali

Hello Everyone,

First off...AMAZING SITE! Im hooked! Found this site a couple months ago, thought I'd read up before i spoke up :) This will be my 3rd season growing peppers, and my first time from seed. I'm having a lot of fun but still have a lot to learn! My first season was a disaster, i left on a business trip to Mexico and they were neglected and died. This last year i set up a drip system in my yard and the plants thrived from June-December. I was very happy with the amount of peppers each produced. I grew 1 serrano, 1 habanero, 1 heirlom habanero, 1 thai hot pepper, and a chili de arbol.

Around November 2011 i began an indoor setup. I couldnt wait for the next season! I bought a 2' 2-bulb T5 bulb, germination station, and some tam jalapeno and supersweet cherry tomato seeds to test the setup. I had great success in germinating them. In the meantime i went to pepperjoe and bought a bunch of seeds. The sweet treats mix, bhut jolokia, white hab, charleston, kung pao, bolivian rainbow, scotch bonnet, etc and also purchased a 4' 8-bulb T5 light. Right now I have the seeds from pepper joe germinating...thursday will be week 2...

Pics coming soon. Looking foward to meeting everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I do have one question, are there any forums by area? I'm looking for someone from my area to ask a few questions.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I do have one question, are there any forums by area? I'm looking for someone from my area to ask a few questions.

I've seen a few Norcal and some Oregon's on here...so there are some around. I would just post your question in the appropriate forum ie "growing hot peppers" and title it something along the lines of "Norcal growing questions"...you'll probaly find what your looking for that way...

:welcome:

:welcome: from Oregon. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Back