Greetings from SC

I've been lurking these forums off and on for the past few years, so I figured it was about time to pop in and say hello! I'm a recent transplant (Pun intended) to South Carolina, and now that I'm an apartment dweller I'll be growing exclusively in containers for the first time ever. Look forward to meeting everyone, and learning as much as I can!

nttone said:
... and now that I'm an apartment dweller I'll be growing exclusively in containers for the first time ever.

Even after multiple raised bed additions I still grow in 5 gallon containers too.  I will often grow the same pepper in a container as I do in the beds.  I have had great luck getting the container to be just as prolific.  Also I can extend the growing season by bringing the containers in and out once it starts to freeze.  There are a couple people hanging around here doing some absolutely amazing things out of container gardens.  Their tree size plants make mine look like twigs.  Don't let it slow you down!

Welcome to THP  :dance:

Welcome and good luck. I too live in apt sort of its a house split into apt but has a huge plot of land that the owner lets me grow stuff on, her son used to grow stuff in it but be passed away. Rip nice guy

SpicyMon said:

Even after multiple raised bed additions I still grow in 5 gallon containers too.  I will often grow the same pepper in a container as I do in the beds.  I have had great luck getting the container to be just as prolific.  Also I can extend the growing season by bringing the containers in and out once it starts to freeze.  There are a couple people hanging around here doing some absolutely amazing things out of container gardens.  Their tree size plants make mine look like twigs.  Don't let it slow you down!

Welcome to THP  :dance:

Thanks for the encouragement! There are some definite advantages to container growing (Overwintering immediately springs to mind), and once I get the logistics down I'm hoping it's going to be a productive year.
LA 2 the Bay said:
Welcome and good luck. I too live in apt sort of its a house split into apt but has a huge plot of land that the owner lets me grow stuff on, her son used to grow stuff in it but be passed away. Rip nice guy

Sorry to hear of her loss, It sounds like you've got the best of both worlds (Not having to worry about upkeep while having lots of space to work with).

Back