Greetings from Virginia

Hi all, my name is Topher & I'm from Virginia.

I got into hot foods over the last couple years. At first I started with growing some jalapeno & cayenne plants. This year I enjoyed fresh habanero & red savina that I got locally. I hope to grow some habs next summer in my garden.

For hot sauces, I realized recently that I don't like the extract sauces. Some, like the Insanity ones taste terrible & some of them bother my stomach too much. Fresh ones don't.

Some of my favorite sauces are:

El Yucateco Xtra Hot (Mayan Recipe) - love the fact that there's no vinegar, just great taste!
Melinda's XXXXtra Hot & Red Savina - these just taste perfect to me on most anything
Huy Fong Sriracha - this stuff's like ketchup, good on anything
Cholula Hot Sauce - not very hot, just tastes great

I look forward to finding out about new sauces to try here.

Howdy from Berryville ...

I agree with you about the Sriracha ... good stuff !!!

I grew Caribbean Red Habaneros up here this year ...

I had purchased Bhut Jolokia seeds but they grew out as Reds instead ... oh well :crazy:

Next year I'm gonna grow an "All Trinidad" crop ... thanks to some kind folks here on this forum.

Very nice and very knowledgeable folks here ... its a great forum !!!

Welcome from Southern California. There is a tremendous amount of information contained within, along with some very friendly pepper lovers.

G'day Topher! Welcome from Australia!

:welcome:

+1 on the Cholula.... may not be hot but I love that stuff! I go through a bottle or two a week......

Back