Grettings from Orlando

Hello out there. I'm in the Orlando, Fl area and have been growing hot peppers for about 3 years now, enjoying spicy food for about 5 or 6 years. My first 'real' exposure began when I began dating my wife, who is Vietnamese. Her family uses what I call 'an evil little pepper' for soups. After that first exposure, my face solidified and fully recovered I decided to learn how to eat spicy food. A few years back at The Pepper Palace in St. Augustine, FL I bought a little can that contained ghost pepper (bhut jolokia) seeds. Following the instructions, I began growing it on the window sill during winter. That summer, I transplanted it outside and haven't looked back since. 

These days I have more bhuts growing outside than any one person should, along with plenty of jalapeno and have some small carolina reaper, naga, trinidad scorpion seedlings going along with other varieties. When asked why I grow these evil things, my only response generally is "it's fun and they're fascinating". My father-in-law layed claim that his peppers were the hottest and I quickly defeated him with my first crop of bhuts. The carolina reapers will bring further glory.

I'm now looking into making things like flavored salts, pepper oil, etc. Looking forward to learning from and sharing with this community!

Nick

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back