• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow equipment in Melbourne Australia

Since i am not having much luck with Google i thought i'd try my luck in here. After a few years of buying seedlings from nurseries i want to start growing from seed and have no idea where to find the right equipment for the job. Looking for grow tent/lights/heat mats etc. I would be grateful if someone can recommend a good quality/good value supplier in Melbourne. I am not looking to use hydroponics, just something to get my seeds started early so i can have a longer grow season.
Cheers.:banghead:

go to your nearest nursery or hydroshop... google searches are always good for info.. ebay is always good for starter kits.. do a little simple research dude and you will get the answers your looking for..

sounds like you already know what you want..

Hey SeeYouJimmy,

I'm in Melbourne. Drop me a line with what area you are in, I can probably let you know where your closest is.

I've shopped at 3 stores so far, one in West Melbourne, another in Sunshine, and the closest to me which is in Epping.

MiLK_MaN said:
Hey SeeYouJimmy,

I'm in Melbourne. Drop me a line with what area you are in, I can probably let you know where your closest is.

I've shopped at 3 stores so far, one in West Melbourne, another in Sunshine, and the closest to me which is in Epping.

I'm in the South East suburbs but don't mind a bit of a drive if a store comes highly recommended. Since i have never used this sort of stuff before i'd like to buy from people who can give me some good advice.
I've seen pics of your plants before... Makes my little chilli patch look a bit sad :( Next year i am aiming to correct that....:lol:
Thanks.

It really does depend on what you are trying to achieve.

I take it in your case all you want is the ability to have a head start for the next growing season?

One you answer that question, tell me your expectation of a budget, then I can make some recommendations for you ;)

Hi Kenny, There are a couple in Footscray, one is also a paint shop, his father is or was the president of the Hydro Association Vic

JungleRain said:
Hi Kenny, There are a couple in Footscray, one is also a paint shop, his father is or was the president of the Hydro Association Vic

Mirror Paints on Dynon Rd? Thats actually in West Melbourne, and their prices are quite reasonable. $30 for a heat mat that Im using for seedlings, works quite well.

melv1n said:
I visited my local hydro shop the other day and he flatout wouldnt believe i was only growing chili's. :)
hahaha melv1n thats usually the way of it

MiLK_MaN said:
Mirror Paints on Dynon Rd? Thats actually in West Melbourne, and their prices are quite reasonable. $30 for a heat mat that Im using for seedlings, works quite well.
yeh thats the one Milk_Man

melv1n said:
I visited my local hydro shop the other day and he flatout wouldnt believe i was only growing chili's. :)

Yeah well its obvious that hydroponics in this country is associated with growing marijuana.

I mean I went to a pet store to buy an air pump and air curtain, and told them I was growing chillies, they jokingly said "yeah yeah, we know what you are really growing".

MiLK_MaN said:
It really does depend on what you are trying to achieve.

I take it in your case all you want is the ability to have a head start for the next growing season?

One you answer that question, tell me your expectation of a budget, then I can make some recommendations for you ;)

Yeah i just want a head start and i have an empty bedroom so i figure why not put it to some use.
I don't have a cost limit as such, just as long as it's good value and i'm not being ripped off.
Just after something to raise about 100 seeds.
(I'll be screwed if they all take and i run out of room to plant them:))

Back