contest Growdown,,Tallest plant!!!

Great plants folks, wicked hail storm here yesterday,I have yet to assess the damage. Bummer because the weather was finally getting warm and dry. The plants are on a nitrogen IV drip for the rest of the season.

Not easy trying to measure,snap a shot,and balance on a ladder.

DSCN6593_zps0452b7dd.jpg

DSCN6594_zps2622d195.jpg

Damn John...getting close! I think you're gonna catch mine...only hope I have is the extended warmer weather here may give me a little advantage at the end. I also haven't seen a tape measure up next to Rich's beast...anyone's game right now!!! Mine is concentrating on production right now...but is still inching up slowly. She's just a tad over 10'...pics next weekend I hope, if mama don't drag me off to Vegas again!!!

Pepper-Guru said:
Those are some very tall plants! I've got to get out there and harvest this damn thing already! I've got lots of picking to do here in a few. I'll post some before and afters in a bit.

If you haven't tasted them -- get ready for a treat  :dance: .     I like them on everything I put them with.  

SanPatricio said:

If you haven't tasted them -- get ready for a treat  :dance: .     I like them on everything I put them with.  
They are VERY nice! I love em! I'll be looking out for them when Im in Peru this December for sure. Sorry can't get the tape measure out right now, only snapped a couple before and after harvest shots. This plant is nuts though. Mine may not be as tall as some growers yet, as I haven't really been training it that well, but we will see. The wall is 7 foot, plants probably 2-3 ft beyond that, then minus the 1.5 ft for container...who knows. I really won't know until we pin her hair up! For now its just the enjoyment of her bountiful booty.

9616952872_0f78fe14dd_b.jpg

Yum

9613713983_46436a7960_z.jpg

Hope we can do this again next season. I have learned a couple things for sure. Shane,you definitely were spot on with your support system. I will use a long piece of chord next time and keep it more compact,lost some height by not doing so.

What I am really shocked about is how many pods these things grow. I haven't picked any in weeks,I don't even look at them anymore. Wonder if these are var.pendulum or what?? Some of these "aji" giants have the potential to get massive! Would like to see what one could do in 2 or 3 years without a frost. They are like the giant squid of the pepper world.

Yeah John...if mine stays healthy I plan to make it "The long pole in the tent" I will build a structure with it as the centerpiece...not trim it, and see just how BIG this thing can get! Win or lose, next season I hope to have a 25' pepper plant. We shall see if I can keep it going...Jamie with his FL weather could grow this thing for several seasons and really have a monster world record plant. Now that would be really cool! Even with several thousand pods on the large plant...it continues to grow taller. So glad I got in on this contest and grew this variety. I think we all get caught up on the worlds hottest hype and deny ourselves some amazing varieties.

Aight...been a while. She's just over 10' and slowly climbing. It's been REAL hot here lately, 108 today! Ughhh...plants aren't liking it including the birgits. Still pretty happy though.

19UqXKK.jpg

Ain't she perdy!!! I still have my gopher deterrent system in place...but I think the poor gopher ate something it shouldn't have.

21X1XQS.jpg

Tons of pods ripening and they're one of the only varieties that are still setting pods in the heat...and LOTS of them!

w8RA9Hu.jpg

YMIPd3r.jpg

The tape is at 10'...so maybe 10' 5"ish??? Close anyway. Don't think at this rate it will hit the 14' I was hoping for...who knows when it cools off a bit she may start climbing again.

The container plant decided to shrub out...but it's still a really cool plant. She ain't gonna win any contests though. Hope y'all's are still kicking and pumping out these awesome delicious pods! I took a tub full to work and made breakfast burritos for the troops with them...big hit!!!

Ok I am depressed my 2 healthiest plants from the beginning  stalled at 30" or so  2 of the stragglers took off on my patio and are 62 and 65 inches and I repotted the 65 a week ago.....  my a allstar is my Lemon 7 pot.....
IMG_02031.jpg
IMG_02141.jpg

Back