• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2016 !!!

Hmm, I have to go look what's out there. Thanks for the invite Jamie!

I may not reply until Tuesday, I'll be off gambling away my kids inheritance :shh: :drunk: 

My selection: Aji Melocoton

No idea what to expect

image_zpsnc7unhxb.jpeg

I better pot up and move her to a better spot in the tent!

Bust! haha.  Thanks for changing things up.  I have had no luck.  Here is my proposed entry in the contest under new rules:

c. chacoense
obtained from Zackorz
uploaded to imgur 4 weeks ago
date says 3/2/16

Let me know if I qualify!

aFrk64Wl.jpg

HERE IT IS TODAY:

2fzCDRgl.jpg

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Jim

romy6 said:
 Ok this years growdown has not been up to par . We do apologize. Guess we are going to change things up a bit . Everyone pic a pepper plant . Any variety and any medium and use that as your growdown plant . Only stipulations are

1. Plant cannot be older than 2 months
2. You must use some proof of life so we know it's legit and present time
3. You must be an original contestant . 
4. Only one plant per contestant 

Please post all the specifications so we can judge accordingly . What type of pepper plant it is , And when the plant was started . 

GO !!!! 

We will also give whomever grows the largest Peruvian Serlano a prize as well 

Thank you 

No need to apologize - I (and most here) sincerely thank you and your partners-in-crime for your efforts!  

I'm gonna go with an Aji Amarillo.

I don't know the actual seeding date but it was probably around mid February when we had a warm spell and I got 'the bug' in a bad way.  Since I don't have proper grow lights, none of my plants do much of anything until they go outside and the night time temperatures creep out of the 40s and low 50s  (happening about now).  Don't worry, the dude's only about 3 inches tall...  
Hope this is acceptable. 

Thanks!

Da Contendah!  
(4-16-'16, ~12:45am)
DaContendah.jpg

Noah Yates said:
Holy Mole Pasilla 

Source:Park Seeds
Sown 2/14/16  (along with original Aji Blanco Christals) 
Height: 9 inches from soil horizon @  60 days from being sown.

How the hell do you get a beanstalk like that to grow in 2 cubic inches of soil?    :confused:

For real though... I have to water every day...  

I am currently feeding with about 2 teaspoons of miracle gro all-purpose per 4 gallons of water with a tablespoon of cal-mag+... occasionally I will brew some worm tea. 

I'm in with one of my F5 crosses (AZ Chiltepin / Reaper). 36 days above ground.

qZSjsfV.jpg

Parent plant that was started this past November is now up to the roof.

My only Serlano left living has stopped all upward growth at less than an inch.  Still going to try to breathe life into it but doesn't look good.

My serlano is still just two cotys. 

Iooking back on my crossing thread looks like my Lemon drop X inca berry f2 seedlings popped on March 24th so I will go with those for the grow down. 

Name:  Lemon drop X Inca berry f2 (my cross)
Family: C. Baccatum
Media:  Currently pro mix
Sow:    March 18th 2016
Hook:   March 24th 2016

D3monic said:

Iooking back on my crossing thread looks like my Lemon drop X inca berry f2 seedlings popped on March 24th so I will go with those for the grow down. 

Name:  Lemon drop X Inca berry f2 (my cross)
Family: C. Baccatum
Media:  Currently pro mix
Sow:    March 18th 2016
Hook:   March 24th 2016

Neat. It'll be fun to grow and compete with your own creation. Good luck!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Neat. It'll be fun to grow and compete with your own creation. Good luck!

yea, hopefully they grow as tall and quick as their f1 parents. I have f1's that I started earlier and they are some of my tallest "seedlings"

(not entered in grow down just photo reference to older siblings)

SXwlqS1.jpg

Jamie thanks for the mulligan.I will be using a seed from a pod you sent last year.It was in the first group to pop this year.I don't care if I win,just being in the chase and the ribbing we dish out is all I need.
Brazilian Starfish (seed from jamie)
start;;2-20-16
above dirt;;2-27-16
DSCF9624.jpg

this is the state of my lone Peruvian.It had a helmet head problem and did not win the battle,I don't have the heart to dump it,so it remains with the other plants until I am done mourning. :(
DSCF9622.jpg

chiltepin said:
Bust! haha.  Thanks for changing things up.  I have had no luck.  Here is my proposed entry in the contest under new rules:

c. chacoense
obtained from Zackorz
uploaded to imgur 4 weeks ago
date says 3/2/16

Let me know if I qualify!

aFrk64Wl.jpg

HERE IT IS TODAY:

2fzCDRgl.jpg

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Jim

Looks good just provide a pic at some point in time with POL  .75 cents

Thank you