• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

dennish said:

I'm using a Growlight Garden, which has 2 x Sunblaster T5 tubes.  I'm also using B&Q seeding mix (a big garden centre here in the UK) with about 20% perlite added and no additional nutes at this stage.  The potting mix contains some nutrients (enough for 8 weeks), so won't be adding anything else for some time...
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I don't use any nutes for a quite a while either.

ColdSmoke said:
IMG_6456_zps4z582qec.jpg

IMG_6457_zpsrljl1plh.jpg

IMG_6455_zps7luwlcic.jpg

pH seems ok
If anything, you're too acidic. BUT what water did you use? Is that run off or soil in tap water?

OCD Chilehead said:
Beautiful example!

Do you have a special place in the garden for them? They should get huge by December. I think you have a good shot at this. My Aji Pinapples flowered all year to the very end. I think they and the Lemondrop are one of the same. My plants didn't mind the heat or full sun we have.

Good luck. Off to a great start my friend.

Thanks Chuck,

I'm still thinking about huge pot versus the dirt here. Gonna go with the gut in the end ;)

dennish said:

I'm using a Growlight Garden, which has 2 x Sunblaster T5 tubes.  I'm also using B&Q seeding mix (a big garden centre here in the UK) with about 20% perlite added and no additional nutes at this stage.  The potting mix contains some nutrients (enough for 8 weeks), so won't be adding anything else for some time...

You don't fool us!
With plants like that, we all know you're using some nefarious super-bright cheater light source!  ;)

GrowLight.jpg

My primary challenger has survived Trial By Desert without dropping any of the slightly singed leaves.  He's growing again and is nearly sun-hardened, but has fallen far behind the monsters you guys have growing.

The other Limon seeds took forever to sprout and are just now setting real leaves.  Wish I'd used some top tier soil, rather than the el-cheapo bag I had laying about. A few drops of fish soup has turned around the other pale seedlings.  But, hey, at least I haven't killed any of them yet!   :)

WhiteLightningandAjiLemon.jpg

Back