• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

I owe yall an update.  Time to pot up!

e8QDT8r.jpg

ZE7SsLy.jpg

Walchit said:
KIMG1610.JPG

KIMG1611.JPG

Does it need some more diesel to get rid of the leaf curl or what?
Wow, can't believe how lucky you just got. All you need to do is cut your plant's stalk just above the soil and it doubles its current size in one week. I don't have a chance in this race so don't mind sharing this secret gardening tip. Wow, early May leaf curl in Kansas, talk about finding the unicorn of chiles. Game over, congrats!!

I think it has been 3 weeks since I put it in the 1 gal pot, idk for sure. Roots look nice. Now it's just up to Kansas to produce supreme pepper growing weather.

View attachment 62185

Diy pot, sewed it myself. Composted horse manure, peat, perlite, little coir, coffee grounds, blood meal, bone meal, worm castings, Epsom salt, some organic dry nutes, and a little gypsum and lime. I think it should grow me a pod or two.

My plants are having a hard time adjusting to the sun this year. Through most of April, we had daytime temps near 80 with nighttime temps in the frickin 30s! This made it really difficult to properly harden them off, unless I wanted to carry 50+ plants in and out every day. So now that the nights are warm enough, its pushing 90 during the day. Still low 60s at night and hot days Is wreaking havoc on my peppers. So I kept my word and killed my first pick. The backup is potted up and in its final home. Lets see how long it takes me to kill this one!

Walchit said:
I think it has been 3 weeks since I put it in the 1 gal pot, idk for sure. Roots look nice. Now it's just up to Kansas to produce supreme pepper growing weather.

attachicon.gif
KIMG1615.JPG

Diy pot, sewed it myself. Composted horse manure, peat, perlite, little coir, coffee grounds, blood meal, bone meal, worm castings, Epsom salt, some organic dry nutes, and a little gypsum and lime. I think it should grow me a pod or two.
Guess this picture didn't make it on there

KIMG1615.JPG

Back