• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Pepper-Guru said:
   love using rice hulls when I have them. I use them sometimes in my mash tun for certain grain brews, and really have loved using them in my seedling mixes. No helmet heads ever when using them, light airy mix, all is well.
Another bennie for rice hulls is that they release soluble silicon as they rot down. Plants need silicon to grow strong and reduce the effects of disease and pests, and together with molybdenum help make them more drought tolerant as well.

The seeds came through just fine Guru, thanks! I'll get them in to soak when I get back from work tonight.
ae1e98ca4de0a1ad78ac1a42ba102845.jpg

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Another bennie for rice hulls is that they release soluble silicon as they rot down. Plants need silicon to grow strong and reduce the effects of disease and pests, and together with molybdenum help make them more drought tolerant as well.

The seeds came through just fine Guru, thanks! I'll get them in to soak when I get back from work tonight.
ae1e98ca4de0a1ad78ac1a42ba102845.jpg

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk
GREAT INFO. I'll start mine now that everyone has theirs...to be fair

Back