• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

DontPanic said:
There's several good suggestions already.

I'm not sure we would have enough sources for Papa Dreadie seeds. 

Sure we would ;)

48511850686_e3781da032_b.jpg

48511850601_8c3f091983_b.jpg

Walchit said:
I wanna try that Clavo Red this year, so if we could do it for the growdown I wouldnt have to add another type to the growlist lol.
I kinda wouldn't mind isolated seed either. Then I could start less plants

Hey Walchit, do you have a good source for these?  I have Clavo Red on my grow list for 2020, but the only place I've found seeds is Atlantic Pepper Company and I know nothing about the company.  Plus the pods in their picture don't look right to me.  https://pepperseeds.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1794&search=clavo

Would be worth consideration as a GD option IMO if there's a dependable seed source.

If people want an annuum in order to give growers with a shorter growing season a better chance, that Orange Thai I got from Pepper-Guru was delicious.

I don't know if Pepper-Guru has isolated seeds for the Orange Thai, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

The Orange Thai's biggest draw-back is that the pods are smaller, but there are scads of them.  So harvesting the Orange Thai is somewhat of a hassle compared to plants that produce larger peppers.

CaneDog said:
Hey Walchit, do you have a good source for these?  I have Clavo Red on my grow list for 2020, but the only place I've found seeds is Atlantic Pepper Company and I know nothing about the company.  Plus the pods in their picture don't look right to me.  https://pepperseeds.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1794&search=clavo

Would be worth consideration as a GD option IMO if there's a dependable seed source.
I know @The Hot Pepper has a few seeds, guru could grow some out for next year lol.

I throw this in the hat ... Kang Starr’s Lemon Starrburst on what I would say was a small bushy plant gave me 72 pods .... a very prolific variety ... I will be honest I only got a few saucer shaped pods but hey that’s the British weather and I don’t know anyone else across the pond who grew it

Trident chilli said:
I throw this in the hat ... Kang Starr’s Lemon Starrburst on what I would say was a small bushy plant gave me 72 pods .... a very prolific variety ... I will be honest I only got a few saucer shaped pods but hey that’s the British weather and I don’t know anyone else across the pond who grew it
I've got plenty of ISO seed for that too

48428071552_6cf65f3006_b.jpg

48659032498_272a66aefb_b.jpg

Lemon Starrburst is productive for sure - even here in northern Europe I got more than 110 pods off of one plant. Not the biggest fan of that chinense stank though, so would sit this GDTD out in that case..

Gorgeous plant for sure, and I think many people love the pods too as they are very flavorful.

I'd vote JPGS, or Dorset Naga or even just a nice Jalapeño. Or why not take it up a notch and go e.g turbopube?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Back