• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

ColdSmoke said:
Gentlemen,

I fried my seeds. I left the heat pad on while I was gone for four days on our anniversary trip. what had sprouted died and the rapid rooters were all dried out. Can anyone spare some more seeds? I have a sase locked and loaded!

Thanks!

I have 4 seeds leftover from what walchit sent me if it helps..

Well if the post ever decides to deliver them........ Well looks like it will be here today finally.

Tracking another package and you wouldn't believe how stupid it is.
Almost one month to get from Vancouver to Alberta, their right next to each other for %$#& Sake.
Medieval times had better postal service.

orzINT4.png

Pepper-Guru said:
Cayenne heat generally, with a noted bump in heat with this pheno, fruity burst juiciness up front, light, bright, sweet and lingering heat slightly longer than cayenne. 
Have you played around with any uses for green pods of the chili red? It looks like something best used ripe but just curious

dragonsfire said:
Well if the post ever decides to deliver them........ Well looks like it will be here today finally.

Tracking another package and you wouldn't believe how stupid it is.
Almost one month to get from Vancouver to Alberta, their right next to each other for %$#& Sake.
Medieval times had better postal service.

orzINT4.png
Too funny although in medieval times they used rats and well you know what happened

m1hagen said:
Well number 3 sprouted and make it to the dirt just now.  So 3 for 3 germ rate.  Hope you all have the same!  ColdSmoke, if you still need seeds pm me your addy.  I've got three plants started and unfortunately with everything else I'm planting, that's all I'll have room for.

Im right there with ya, I got 3 sprouts and probably 1-2 more coming so seeds I got are storage now.

Walchit said:
Nope, he lost
Im betting this guy already sent another set because he keeps up with the same line. Check your mail Monday coldsmoke...‍♂
This guy

Oh and Edmick, I wondering the same thing cuz usually you can get away with green pepper uses with certain strains :metal:

Edmick said:
Have you played around with any uses for green pods of the chili red? It looks like something best used ripe but just curious
They are great green, make great finger/sandwich/pocket peppers. Green over eggs, steak, anything. Haven't dehydrated any green for any seasoning, but I have chopped them and used them in fish sauce for some of my Tom Kha Gai. Mmm

Back