• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

CaneDog said:
When you see it how often is it coming from your own car?  ;)

Thanks for the memories.  I95 and South Dixie could just be the worst.

Haha Ive been a good boy, too many road ragers and my way works more efficiently. I put on my gay glasses and do a certain mouth gesture and they usually run away muhahaha

internationalfish said:
My nightmare was I-4. Took 45 minutes to go about half a mile into Orlando and there was no way around it... there is really nothing I miss about that state.
Yes I despise I-4 with a passion, I avoid like the plague. Then you havent gone to key west haha

Update: in the land of middle garden aphids roamed the land until Ladybug was released
Looks like lots of baby ladys will come next month
And of course the pods already started awhile ago

pRooI5p.jpg

My mind is telling me no, but my body, my body is telling me yes

3egkjUw.jpg

sW0kp1b.jpg

Baby Mac
Dmftaj6.jpg

Big Mac
kGaDOQa.jpg

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Update: in the land of middle garden aphids roamed the land until Ladybug was released
Looks like lots of baby ladys will come next month

You get those for free when the farmer across the road, to the west or east of you, oh heck, or north of you plant twenty square miles of soybeans.

Only thing, they bite, they stink when you squish 'em, and your wife will leave you if you don't keep the windows and doorsills clean of them...

stettoman said:

You get those for free when the farmer across the road, to the west or east of you, oh heck, or north of you plant twenty square miles of soybeans.

Only thing, they bite, they stink when you squish 'em, and your wife will leave you if you don't keep the windows and doorsills clean of them...
If they bite they are not the true (as we know it) lady bug. It is the strain that came into the US from Asia that bites.

https://www.thespruce.com/good-and-bad-ladybugs-2656236

Thanks guys :metal:

stettoman said:

These are shipped from Cali and none bit and lots got on my fingers.

skullbiker said:
If they bite they are not the true (as we know it) lady bug. It is the strain that came into the US from Asia that bites.

https://www.thespruce.com/good-and-bad-ladybugs-2656236

I agree, thankfully these are native to USA. Good article

stettoman said:
Yep, I knew they were the invasive bugs, but they are the bugs what come with the soybeans....we get 'em every year, aphids or no....
No soy here homie, this is orange grove and sugar cane country
Glad we dont get the Asia invasives, we just get invasive flatworms, boa constrictors and Asian tiger mosquitoes.

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Thanks guys :metal:

These are shipped from Cali and none bit and lots got on my fingers.

I agree, thankfully these are native to USA. Good article

No soy here homie, this is orange grove and sugar cane country
Glad we dont get the Asia invasives, we just get invasive flatworms, boa constrictors and Asian tiger mosquitoes.

Yikes boa constrictors hell to the no  :seeya:

Can't forget about snowbirds!  They are beginning their great migration north this time of year.  Early arrivals can be found stopped at a green light and checking out in the fast lane with more than 15 items.

Florida also gets Publix (chicken tender) subs which I am addicted to.   But I digress...

Weekly check-in.  I've been switching up my diesel / lighter fluid mixture.  I'm also contemplating building a better insulated tent over the summer.   

Ibaxf22.jpg

0Mukomj.jpg

NeedsWork said:
Can't forget about snowbirds!  They are beginning their great migration north this time of year.  Early arrivals can be found stopped at a green light and checking out in the fast lane with more than 15 items.

Florida also gets Publix (chicken tender) subs which I am addicted to.   But I digress...

Weekly check-in.  I've been switching up my diesel / lighter fluid mixture.  I'm also contemplating building a better insulated tent over the summer.   

Ibaxf22.jpg

0Mukomj.jpg
Aint it the truth and who can forget the mow you over merge in their boat of a Grand Marquee .

I gotta say, that bushy bass-turd might just take us all out. I see blooms galore :seeya:
Well done

A view from the bottom. Filling in nicely. Lots of blooms and buds with pods setting. Nighttime temps are becoming more favorable so everything should be transitioning outside very soon.

Attachments

• 20190323_131405.jpg
    20190323_131405.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 40
Back