• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2023

You agree to send your SASBE for the seeds, to PARTICIPATE and send back bulk seeds to me.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skullbiker,
I acquired some seeds from the seed-train. I should have made better notes of who's they were from.
I remember they were labeled giant jalapeno.
The peppers have some decent heat and taste. I'm going to make some serious poppers or armadillo eggs.
I can send you some seeds if you would like some.

Downriver,
I can't wait to see what you have that might teach me my lesson!

Would be interesting to see that seed train, I sent out seeds labeled giant jalapenos, but not on any seed train. Didn't know what else to call them, but they were from Mexico. LOL

Another ridiculous weigh-in for me! New total of 405 g.

20230924.jpg

Skullbiker,
I acquired some seeds from the seed-train. I should have made better notes of who's they were from.
I remember they were labeled giant jalapeno.
The peppers have some decent heat and taste. I'm going to make some serious poppers or armadillo eggs.
I can send you some seeds if you would like some.

Downriver,
I can't wait to see what you have that might teach me my lesson!

I grew the Giant Jalapeno from the Seed-Train as well. I was looking at my seed inventory a bit ago, and it says they were 2021 seeds from PexPeppers.

I grew the Giant Jalapeno from the Seed-Train as well. I was looking at my seed inventory a bit ago, and it says they were 2021 seeds from PexPeppers.

I just looked at their website, it only shows 2 varieties of seeds……..no jalapenos.
My hunt will continue for big jalapenos with good flavor and decent heat.

Last edited:
For all those in the Longest Jalapeno contest, please POST YOUR ENTRY as an overhead shot using a tape measure/ruler BY OCT 4th!

Well, here's my first entry. The Boss keeps adding new rules, so I don't know if this is the "right" way to measure an entry or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, ha. Now, if this one comes up "short", I think he's got some siblings still on the plant that are even longer. If I need to, I'll go down and look, but that's probably not gonna be necessary. :D

Mutijala Jalapeno F6 (@Fatalii Attraction)
Pepper - Mutijala F6 IMG_20230923_103402683~2.jpg

Well, here's my first entry. The Boss keeps adding new rules, so I don't know if this is the "right" way to measure an entry or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, ha. Now, if this one comes up "short", I think he's got some siblings still on the plant that are even longer. If I need to, I'll go down and look, but that's probably not gonna be necessary. :D

Now that’s one long jalapeño!

Incredible how different they now look! amazing pepper. I humbly honor that submission. Bravo.

FA

Hey folks.

Full transparency: This jalapeño was from a seed I got in the 2023 seed train on THP. It was labeled Chernobyl Jalapeño. It looks like it crossed with a Numex variety. I’ll let the judges make the determination of eligibility

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Probably last "big" pull for this season on my pepapeach plant

20231006_154004.jpg

The pods are getting smaller and more red pods.
20231006_155101.jpg

Total harvested so far 2463+650= 3113 grams

Little video after stripping her:

Next year im going to work on my branch management, they droop a lot.

Last edited:
Back