• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Growing Chiles in HEL - 2019

Today I took 27 pellets off the heat mats and transplanted them into their first small pots. Then I moved them into my temporary grow room (sauna) under the lights where they will spend the next 60 days or so until it's warm enough to move outside for the summer.

I've still got another 75 pellets on the heat mats and will move them to the lamps as they pop.

On the tray in the photo, there are two separate LED lamp rigs.

The lamp specs: 

Strip Length: 61 cm
Watts: 15 watts per strip (45 watts per rig)
Kelvin: 6400K
Lumens: 1500 per strip
PPFD (at 100mm distance): 399 µmol/s/m2 per strip

tarha.jpg

PaulG said:
Looks yummy, Mika. How did the flavor
compare to the fully ripe pods?

Didn't have any red rojos this year but the full-sized green ones were hot as all hell and had the typical rocoto burn - long and slow. Maybe not quite as sweet.

Sorry for all those who wanted seeds from me, the damned Finnish postal service has been out of service for nearly a month now. First there was threat of a strike, in which they stopped working anyway, then there was an actual strike, and then the strike ended but they still aren't freaking working. All of this shit has actually brought the Prime Minister down - force to resign after only 6 months on the job.

This forum was supposed to have @username tagging capabilities but seems that they still aren't available.

Seems like politics world wide has slipped into a
morass of stupidity and self-interest.

Sorry you are dealing with that postal situation.
That has to hurt business, medical and other
sectors of the economy.

Hey Podz, I just thought I would bring up some old conversation before the new year begins. I finally got 5 pounds of Alfalfa seed, so you know what that means......evil experimentation and a new FSST root booster! Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR

49819AE0-B934-4E0A-BE16-D552AEED0DBE.jpeg

What kind of varities did you grow outside with succes, you didn't have greenhouse or balcony or anything right?
I might be in The same kind of situation next summer, just 144km norther near Tampere.
Do I have ny hope..

Inoks said:
What kind of varities did you grow outside with succes, you didn't have greenhouse or balcony or anything right?
I might be in The same kind of situation next summer, just 144km norther near Tampere.
Do I have ny hope..

No greenhouse, no balcony - just plain out in the back yard.

I have had really good luck with pubescens and annuums.

Sorry to all I had a few months hiatus and didn't end up sending seeds to anyone because of the damned postal strike. I also didn't start any pubes and too late now so I just went today to buy some from Jukka. 

podz said:

No greenhouse, no balcony - just plain out in the back yard.

I have had really good luck with pubescens and annuums.

Sorry to all I had a few months hiatus and didn't end up sending seeds to anyone because of the damned postal strike. I also didn't start any pubes and too late now so I just went today to buy some from Jukka. 

Glad to see you back on board, Mika.

Hope your season gets underway successfully.

Postal strike reached its conclusion?

Hope you and your family  are well. I see you
are hunkered down there like we are here.

PaulG said:

Glad to see you back on board, Mika.

Hope your season gets underway successfully.

Postal strike reached its conclusion?

Hope you and your family  are well. I see you
are hunkered down there like we are here.

Thanks, Paul.

No more postal strike per se, but they fired a lot of the workers and cut the stuff down to a minimum. I suppose UPS and DHL are the only ways to go nowadays.

We're currently well, no problems yet. Yep, sheltering in place. The capitol-area province (Uusimaa) is locked off from the rest of the country for a few weeks or more.

Back