beer GROWING HOPS!!!

Gave them some slack.....
infants017.jpg

This 2nd year cascade was touching the roof
infants016.jpg

Check out the multiple cone formations already!!!!!!!;)
infants014.jpg

I know!!!! It is only because that cascade was so well established last year.

I didn't start a "First Ripe Hop!" thread, because it is not a function of skill, but rather of time.

I don't know if I am more thrilled by the presence of tiny buds already, or the evidence that there will be 4-5 cones per node, as opposed to just 1 per node last year!

Noshownate said:
want to learn to brew!

Yes I recommend it!

In reference to your request for places to buy hops,if you mean hops rhizomes for growing, online, and it is probably too late this year.:(

If you mean for brewing, I prefer the local brewshop (if you have one)

its been ages since iv updated this they hops have growen ok not as big as i hoped but the first year is not great but i have some small hops finaly i dont know if theres enough time left for them to mature in time before the winter

IMG_0907-1.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

General gardening knowledge was about all I needed. That and some experience growing pot(long ago;)).

Preparation of soil, proper means to grow the plant UPWARDS, all info can be easilly gotten online.

Gary18 said:
i bought it as a female plant soo i would think it must be female is it not just very small cones ?

Haven't seen cone stems that look all segmented like that before, and I am growing 8 varieties.

May be worth a google.

Back