• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

GROWING IN BRISBANE

Nice start to the season BOAgs
Its frigging muggy here no storm yet...
I'll post some pics of my plants tommozza they looking very subtropical I must say..

bentalphanerd said:
hell, you're all of 10 minutes away.
Bunnings down at Rocklea usually have a few Hab plants in stock if you wanted to get a quick start.

I got all mine from Bunnings this year, only my birds eye came from seed. I got some Nagas and Fatalii from eBay. Then someone here put my onto Neil, I'm going to be getting some more off him soon.

So Boags, as bentalphanerd says try Bunnings or Neil or both .

wow those are some good, healthy looking plants boags!

the storm was a bit dissappointing, was hoping we would get a bit more rain to cool things down :confused:

i'm thankful those ones miss us...only just too...went through about a mile from me.

Good looking collection by the way Boags :D & yes the birdseye take off early - in fact they'll keep giving you pods through winter too.

My little personal use over wintered plants
DSCF1888.jpg

from left to right
at the back Mystery Pube Trinidad 7 pot
front row fatalii, trinidad scorpion , fatalii, naga morrich
All jammed in one little bed but they are covered in flowers and doing well.

heres some pics of the mystery pube (its almost certainly a rocoto type called aji largo but will wait and see)
DSCF1890.jpg

stillmanz said:
close up of my naga morich check out the flowers.
they bbs seed stock.

So..........you planted out before I did then????

That's some impressive greenery you've got there. My little fellas have got some way to go!!

Your Rocoto looks very much like mine indeed. Your pods look great. I am still waiting for them to ripen, they have looked like that for weeks now!

So Brisbaneites how often are you watering your platns in pots with this hot weather upon us? Im letting the top layer of soil to dry and watering about every two days. Sound about right?

I haven't watered for weeks Boags - seems we get a shower of rain every 3rd night or so. Going to put some liquid nutes in this week some time.

Make sure to not over water.
I moved most of the wintered plants to the garden, and am just about to start my next batch of seeds.

The ones in pots get a feed once a week, and as bent said, the rain seems to be keeping them wet enough.

The only place to put my plants is under cover on our balcony. They miss all the rain as a result. Thank christ I'm moving next weekend to a place with a garden!!!!!

In that case, check the moisture content about 1/3 to 1/2 way down the pot, if you can w/out damaging the roots. or, weigh the pot wet and dry to guage the amount of water in it.

Hmm Boags said:
The only place to put my plants is under cover on our balcony. They miss all the rain as a result. Thank christ I'm moving next weekend to a place with a garden!!!!!

How much sun are they getting...are they actually drying out?

They get full sun from about 12 Midday. The top 1/3 or so gets dryed out on hot days and I tend to water after that. The little buggers seem to be happy enough I suppose. I guess we'll see as we go along.

Yeah, I think they are coming along OK. Is root rot a majoor problem for potted peppers?

We're moving just over the river to New Farm. Right down the bottem near the river.

Back