Growing Inside Year Round

First off, My names Michael and I live in the middle of Iowa and am super pumped to start trying to grow some wicked hot peppers!

This is my first attempt at growing superhots and exotic types of peppers and i fear i have waited much to long for this year to be grown outside.  I will be planting everything from Reapers, 7-pods, Ghost, Scorpion, and a mix of a bunch of variations.  I have them starting in my basement right now and the majority of the seeds will be here in a couple days.  i guess my question is, if I grow the exclusively inside, how much work is that going to entail and what do i need to know?  Lights / per plant after starting/ type / that type of stuff....I guess this is also just a post to see what little ticks and tricks anyone wants to throw out about growing inside and to meet a bunch of you at the same time.  

Let me know what you all think.

you would need to get HID lights for a larger area(lighting is the biggest cost)
And a fan (or a few depending on size of room)
And need adequate space like 2x2x4 for each plant

If you are doing indoor you might as well do 5gal dutch buckets or Deep water culture hydroponics.
DWC or dutch buckets will run you about 10-20$ a bucket.
And you'll need some hydro nutrients like hydrogadens chem gro tomato formula or general hydroponics flora series.

if you just want to start small i advise you watch this series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLPq8JWQbWhDMjXTN50sUuqHFnJIL8rqC

Hey there, welcome to the forum! 

I find growing indoors is more enjoyable, only because I can control the environment and I don't have to worry about bugs or weather or things like that. There are a lot of light options you can go with, HIDs, LEDs, etc. I personally use a combo of LEDs and T5s and I have happy plants. Granted, not many due to a lack of space, but they're happy. If you've never grown anything, I'd recommend starting small so you can learn through trial and error. Since you'll grow all year round, you can always plant more plants once you're more comfortable. 

You'll want fans for air flow so the dirt doesn't get fungus and so your plants can develop stronger stems. You'll want a good soil mix so they have optimal conditions, unless you do DWC or hydro. Keep an eye on the temperature.

+ 1 to juanitos on space; I made the terrible mistake of starting 5 plants in a small indoor greenhouse. It quickly became too dense and I had to remove two. Still tight but workable.

There are a bunch of posts on here that can explain more about growing, they made a world of difference for me when I started!

Don't forget to make a glog.

Great video man, thank you for adding it
juanitos said:
you would need to get HID lights for a larger area(lighting is the biggest cost)
And a fan (or a few depending on size of room)
And need adequate space like 2x2x4 for each plant

If you are doing indoor you might as well do 5gal dutch buckets or Deep water culture hydroponics.
DWC or dutch buckets will run you about 10-20$ a bucket.
And you'll need some hydro nutrients like hydrogadens chem gro tomato formula or general hydroponics flora series.

if you just want to start small i advise you watch this series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLPq8JWQbWhDMjXTN50sUuqHFnJIL8rqC

Back