• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Growing pepper, autumn, indoor

Hi,
These are my 15 day old pepper, they struggle with fungus gnat and fungus problem but it seems they recovered.
I use double cup method and I will try to keep them in smallest pot possible, because the weather just started to become cool and we are in the beginning of cold season. I hope I can get some pepper from them.

Attachments

• IMG_20181007_140817_575.jpg
    IMG_20181007_140817_575.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 88
I use the below formula, but not with super precision;
30% compost
30% perlite
40% peat moss

For topping I use, colored stone and white sand, but the sand become green due to growth of algae. I also add a teaspoon of Epsom salt to each cup mixture.

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_223932.jpg
    IMG_20181103_223932.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20181103_224002.jpg
    IMG_20181103_224002.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 53
Helioter said:
Hi,
These are my 15 day old pepper, they struggle with fungus gnat and fungus problem but it seems they recovered.
I use double cup method and I will try to keep them in smallest pot possible, because the weather just started to become cool and we are in the beginning of cold season. I hope I can get some pepper from them.
I totally missed the plants bwtween those colorful stones. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

New update! my 2 year old nephew just love to plow the colored stone. The only change here is that I add some more stone every time in place of the lost one:)
PS: I just pick all new bud but the first one, I just want to see if I can have mini pepper plant with one fruit.

Attachments

• IMG_20181115_142008_710.jpg
    IMG_20181115_142008_710.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20181115_142035_602.jpg
    IMG_20181115_142035_602.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20181115_142039_655.jpg
    IMG_20181115_142039_655.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 56
Really beautiful plants, Mahdi, the glossy green leaves look
very healthy and happy (if plants can be happy!)

I hope you get some nice pepper pods on them.  

When you say cold part of the year, just what are you talking
about temperature-wise? What is the normal grow season in
your location?

PaulG said:
Really beautiful plants, Mahdi, the glossy green leaves look
very healthy and happy (if plants can be happy!)

I hope you get some nice pepper pods on them.  

When you say cold part of the year, just what are you talking
about temperature-wise? What is the normal grow season in
your location?

Thank you, I live in Tehran(capital city of Iran) here we have hot summer and cold winter, from the second month of autumn the themprature fluctuate harshly(sometime we even have snow) and from the first month of spring the temp goes up, but most of the time second month of spring is the best for starting pepper, at the middle of summer also we have temperature up to 45°c.

Well I was busy in past few month and I forget to update my log. Here I have some big challenge we these peppers and as I was busy it hugely impacted there growth and form. About two weeks after my last update the peppers leaf started dropping and turning into yellow and brown color, every day they have some kind of deficiency and problem as they started to become bigger and roots filled the cups. I didn't have access to hydroponic nutrients, maybe after that time I should use hydro nutrient instead of pure water or mixture of my hand made fertilizer, here is the result:

IMG_20181213_125435.jpg

After that I thought the best solution could be changing the cup to the bigger 700cc one(the last one was 550cc). I change the pot and for a while they just grow with no problem except some of them(like one of my hybrid heliot and the goddess). Today I took a picture of them, as it show in pic below they start to nag again. But I will not change there pot until the spring and see if I can keep them for the outdoor spring cultivation.:-)

IMG_20190112_115708.jpg

Dont be disappointed leaves lightening in colour is a result of under feeding possibly a lack of nitrogen. Young seedlings do not need feeding as they are too tender. However, your plants are at an age where they would benefit from nutrients. A simple solution to add nitrogen is tea. If you make a cup of tea save the bag/leaves add water then add to your containers. Nitrogen gives a young plant a healthy start. Once established are you able to secure Magnesium Sulphate Potash .... which helps in developing flowers and pods

You will also need to pot on by increasing the size of the container... all the best

Back