• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing peppers for the first time

I hear ya. The A and B were about 18 bucks each and that was way more volume than you and I need for a few pepper plants. A bag of the Seabird should be less than $15 and would get you through the season for several plants. Seabirds eat an ocean diet that has a good spectrum of trace elements. Composted chicken poop while pretty hot nitrogen-wise isn't likely to have a lot of extras that helps plants thrive. But I'd try it  that's all I could get. 

I might be able to scrap up like 20 bucks over the next few weeks. I was looking at other hydro-nutes and they were all like 35-45 bucks and i was like oh no thats so expensive! But that's not THAT bad. :P

Do they sell the bags on amazon or would i have to find it in a store like home depot? I'm in school right now and amazon's blocked so i won't be able to check there until i get home. 

The bag of Hydrofarm seabird guano I just spotted on amazon is $13.85 for 2.2 lbs, if that helps at all. Looks like they have several options. Afraid I don't know enough about 'em to be sure what to buy -- I'm using some orchid fertilizer I had on had that has micros.

ProMix BX is a very good soiless mix. Along with peat, vermiculite, perllite it  has a wetting agent some nutes

So an update on how my plants are doing, about 7 have sprouted but none of the superhots have sprouted except for the seeds that KingDeNNiZ sent me, so i think the seeds that i tried to germinate are duds. . The ones that sprouted i believe are the aji's. I think that 7 plants is enough for me anyways, considering the amount of room i have :D. That just means i get to order from some of the guys on here if i need superhots :)

I'll take pictures when I get home!

I wouldn't count the seeds that haven't germinated as duds just yet. I just had a tomato sprout a couple of days ago after nearly three weeks (everything else sprouted in a few days). Peppers are pretty notoriously slow on that front.

Now comes the hard part. Don't overwater those little guys. Get them lots of light and leave them be! :)

Back