• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

growing some ghosts

im think im in the right foroum,im jast wandering if anybodys got any good tips for growing some ghost peppers,im drying out the seeds now,im really dont wanna screw theese up,thanks for any help

Dont dry seeds at high temperatures.

Germination soil temperature needs to be around 82-85.

Don't over water. If you see mold, your overwatering. If you see consistantly your topsoil is moist your overwatering.

Use a fan on your sprouts. Strengthen stems help dry off the soil.

Do not use ANY fertilizer until the third or fourth set of leaves. ( sets go by two )

If you go indoors to outdoors, harden off ( get plants used to sunlight ) gradually. Hour for a couple of days, double, then more time, then double.

Buy calmag and fertilizer. Dyna Grow is pretty good. Dont buy miracle grow. Bad fertilizer.

When outside let them flourish, once again, don't overwater.

When outside or inside, any pots make sure they have drainage holes.

Add only 1/4th strength of ferts. If one gallon over water calls for 1 tablespoon, use 1/4th tablespoon.

If outside, stake up your plants. All that work for an hour of tough winds without a stake and it could all be over.

Flowering period.

Buy a bloom fertilizer, high in phosphorous and potash.
Dyna grow bloom is good I hear as well.

Wait till pods, boom.

Good luck and happy growing.

And you dont need to dry the seeds before you plant them, just plop them in some dirt, about 1/4" below the soil and let them go...

thanks really appreciated,i seen somthing when drying the seeds to put in a paper towel for a few days till there till they are bendy and not crisp,

And you dont need to dry the seeds before you plant them, just plop them in some dirt, about 1/4" below the soil and let them go...

Could be just me but when I put them that deep they didn't pop back up :(.

I literally just toss a very small amount of soil on top, barley covering the seed.

Back