• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing some peppers

I planted my pepper seeds at the start of this week, it has just started to heat up where i am, Victoria, Australia. Have i planted too late or will they still grow. also, how much should i water them

Plenty of time! We have only just hit the second month of Spring, don't forget. ;)

Keep your growing medium moist but not wet to avoid damping off. When your plants become bigger and after transplant, you really only have to water when the soil becomes dry right through. Make sure you choose a well draining soil as pepper plants hate wet feet and will let you know (in a bad way) if they are sitting in too much water.

You probably should have started a bit earlier for our Victorian weather, but better late than never. Best of luck to you Perko.

You probably should have started a bit earlier for our Victorian weather, but better late than never. Best of luck to you Perko.
Oh yeah, I forget you southerners have things a little different than us up here. :P

(Although, if this lousy weather we've been having up here doesn't P.O soon....)

Back