• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Growing through winter - Brisbane, Aus

Hey guys first post time,

First of all the info on this site is incredible and has really got me right into this (always been a bit of a gardener but never chillies/peppers). So anyway this has really sparked my interest so much I got started maybe back in Jan however due to many issues (possums, shading, grubs) I've moved my production to pots where I should be able to cut back the possum and shading issues at least.

My main question is anyone on this forum from around Brisbane that has grown through winter? I've just moved up so not sure what it's like. Just wondering if I should be getting my hopes up or be patient that I'll have a mega head start come next summer

Here is a link for our climate statistics so other people can voice their opinions: http://www.bom.gov.a...cw_040913.shtml

Just realised i put this in the grow log section, my bad, may just have to start putting up pictures and no-one will know my error...

Im glad you told me that, we have possums as well & a .22 :D

In NZ they are regarded as pests (and rightly so) most Kiwi`s when they spot one by the side of the road swerve there cars & try & hit them.

Mezo.
However your neighbours won't be as close as mine to know :P but oh well. I think its also legal in Tasmania to kill them. I think it's mainly illegal because most people wouldn't really know what they're doing but pest controllers should be able to.

Back