• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing Together?

Another question about my seedlings, i have them in an egg carton right now all in their individual little sections except for 2 of them. The 2 plants that are together are both Datils and i am worried that their root have already become tangled. When i pot up here in a few days would it be possible to leave both plants together like they are one plant, or would that crowd or do something else bad to the plants?

I think you'll have better luck trying to separate them now. They would both be fighting for the same nutrients in the soil, and probably end up not being as healthy as they should be. They might end up killing each other too. Either way, its going to do more harm than good.

I agree to separate them, given that they are in egg cartons - those cells are too small. Some people do grow multiple plants in a single pot. However, you have to give consideration to the stem size of an adult plant, not a brand-new seedling. If you planned on growing multiple in the same pot, you'd at least want them a few inches apart, depending upon adult main stem size. But if not, better to separate as early as possible.

Either what those two said, or plant them both like they are in a 15 gallon container and hope for the best

Back